Atlanta Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Acworth beach

I'm thinking of taking my summer kids on Sunday. Have any of you been? What do you think?

Re: Acworth beach

• Hmmm...well I live in Kennesaw about 10 minutes from Acworth. I've been to the lake several times before. It's fun to be in a boat...I went to a part of the beach one day. It had a really "trashy" vibe to it,  but on a hot day (and boy is it hot here) it may be the only option. I hope I didn't offend any Acworth beachgoers...

I guess I could have just said it's more like a strip of dirt with some water. Don't get your hopes up too high. I haven't been there in a while though. Maybe it's different from what I remember.

Photobucket

Anniversary
  • Been there once, won't ever go back. I think the beach was more cigarette butts than sand. You might want to try Red Mountain (?) park on Allatoona. We like Lanier alot better. Lake Lanier has some great areas - Sunset Cove (Lake Lanier Islands) is great. Van Pugh (off 985 on Lanier) is fine also. Never been to the beach area (we put our boat in there) but it always seems busy.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Glad I asked. We are going to go somewhere else.