Upstate NY Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Borders going out of business

Does this come as a surprise to you guys?

Do you prefer Borders or Barnes & Noble?

I don't know why I'm so surprised.. I like Borders much more than Barnes & Noble (not sure why).  However I do so much shopping on Amazon.com, hopefully their prices will remain good.

They just built that huge store in Crossgates too, I wonder what will become of it.

Re: Borders going out of business

• I guess I prefer B&N. Theres one right down the street from me and Im a huge Starbucks fan, so it helps that it has one. I like the whole atmosphere better.

At the same time when Im at Carousel, I have to go in to Borders, they just have so-o many books!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I love Borders :(  I was majorly bummed when the one in Saratoga closed, and now the one in CP, which I hang out at a lot because I work nearby. 

The sales weren't that good when the Toga one closed.  I remember people were lined up around the entire store for 20% off.  Umm, you can pretty much find a coupon for that online anytime.  

• I prefer Borders over Barnes and Noble mostly because they give you their card for free to get discounts.  B and N you have to pay for their discount card.  Although I don't buy a ton of books, I usually order them online or get digital books.