November 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

**Sit-Up Challenge Check-In**

How was your week?

What week did you start the challenge on?

How many sit-ups did you complete for the week?

---

How has your week been health & fitness-wise?

What is your short-term health & fitness goal? Long-term?

[IMG]http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/jvanier/waiting_for_summer_by_P0RG-1.jpg[/IMG]

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11

PAL/PGAL Welcome!

Re: **Sit-Up Challenge Check-In**

• My week with doing sit-ups was really good. I was able to get all three days in this week.

I started on week 3. I ended up completing 111 on day 1, 125 on day 2 and 140 on day 3 for a total of 376 this week.

---

In the past couple of days, I've actually done really well with eating and exercising. I've been eating so many fruits and veggies and just generally healthy stuff. DH is even starting to get on the bandwagon a bit :)

I finished reading New Rules of Lifting for Women on Wednesday, so I went for my first workout yesterday morning. It was such a great workout. I'm definitely feeling it today in my quads, triceps and shoulders.

Short-term goal is to lose a pants size :) Long-term goal is to get back to my pre-DH size.

Bonus: MIL commented yesterday that she can see my weight loss in my face, which is good. I also had an acquaintance tell me that I was looking good when DH and I saw her the other day. Confidence boost!

[IMG]http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n489/jvanier/waiting_for_summer_by_P0RG-1.jpg[/IMG]

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11

PAL/PGAL Welcome!
  • How was your week? It was good - I did Monday and then last night, so I won't do day 3 until tomorrow.

What week did you start the challenge on?  I started on week one, but I'm doing those crunches where you twist (up, right, left, center, down) to work my love handles off too.

How many sit-ups did you complete for the week? I did 30 on the max yesterday.  I don't know how many total though.

---

How has your week been health & fitness-wise? So-so... Wednesday I blew my calorie limit because I ate bbq for my sister's birthday, and then was too stuffed all evening to even consider a workout to try and burn off a few calories.  Today, I had some work-birthday cake, and just guessed on the calories, but the rest of the day is not looking good haha.  But other than that, I've been making good choices this week!

What is your short-term health & fitness goal? Long-term? Short term is (was) 10 pounds by this week.  I started my diet 5/12, and wanted to drop and estimated 10 pounds (I didn't know my starting weight) so my pants would fit.  I have only lost 7, but everything is fitting so much better, and I feel so much healthier because I'm learning to make good choices, so I am not down about missing my goal.  Also, I suspect that I underestimated my starting weight, because 10 days into my diet when I finally bought a scale, I weighed what I had guessed I did starting out... so, in all likelihood, I've lost my 10, but I just can't prove it :)  Long term, I'd love to lose a little more, like maybe 20 total, but that's putting me at my high school weight (well, pre-senior-year-I-don't-care weight anyway) so that might be pushing it... so honestly, if I can just meet my 10-pound goal and then keep it off, I'll be pretty stoked.