Upstate NY Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Newbie/Lurker Intro

Hello everyone!

I have posted on here a few times before (maybe even done an intro... can't remember)... anyway, now that I am officially hitched, I figured I should try to cut the cord with The Knot (maybe) and introduce myself over here.

My name is Monica, DH is Kevin.  I'm from Orlando and he is from Pittsburgh... how the heck we ended up in Syracuse still puzzles me.  lol.  Between the 2 of us, we spent 14 years in the Marine Corps and did 5 deployments overseas... now we both work at the VA Medical Center in downtown Syracuse.  I am almost done w/ my RN at Crouse (graduate Oct- woot woot) and he is about to start his in the fall.

We got married May 28 at Holy Family in Camillus and had an awesome reception at Glenora on Seneca Lake.  Given that I am pushing 30, we are ready to start TTC this fall if all goes well.  Fingers crossed.

We just purchased our first home in Liverpool and picked up our first furbaby a few weeks ago.  Lucy is a 9 week old Olde English Bulldogge.  Love her!!!

Hmm... not really sure what else to include in an intro here, so if any questions, just ask.  Hopefully this board will keep me as entertained as the CNY Knot board has.

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Newbie/Lurker Intro

• Welcome aboard!! 
    [IMG]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l261/abba916/2011_100-1.jpg[/IMG]

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt11ade2.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Welcome!!  I went to SU!!!
  • Hi Monica! Welcome to the board! I dont post on here much, more of lurker but I look forward to getting to know you!

Im curious as to how you ended up in Syracuse too! I work at the University FT and take classes PT. We should try and do lunch sometime! (Sorry if thats too forward or too soon).

I'd love to see pics from your wedding. I bet it was absolutely beautiful!

Congrats on TTC. DH and I are waiting a few years before we try. Probably another 2-3 years so I can finish my Masters first.

The board is pretty dead on weekends but maybe we'll get to talk more on Monday! Have a great weekend!

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • Hi and welcome!!  I live in Liverpool as well.  The board can be a little slow, and I am guilty of not coming on too much.  Knowing there are some other right in the local area I will try to stop by more.  I look forward to getting to know you and the PP.
  • Thanks everyone!!!

Bridgett- I remember you from The Knot... but it's great to get to know you better here as a Mrs!  I'm always up for lunch on the hill!  LOVE the new Chipoltle and Roly Poly!

Mitzzi- How do you like Liverpool?  I am still finding my way around.  We live way out near where 31 and 57 intersect... near the Kindercare... can't think of the name of the neighbohood right now.  So far so good, but I am reaaaally hating my commute.  I used to only drive 5-10 minutes to work... now it's aboout 30... and the traffic... ugh!

I would absolutely love to post pics from my wedding, our new house and my adorable puppy, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to do it here... it wants an "IRL" or "URL" or something... help anyone?

Online Garage Sale
  • image kevinandmonica2011:

Mitzzi- How do you like Liverpool?  I am still finding my way around.  We live way out near where 31 and 57 intersect... near the Kindercare... can't think of the name of the neighbohood right now.  So far so good, but I am reaaaally hating my commute.  I used to only drive 5-10 minutes to work... now it's aboout 30... and the traffic... ugh!

We are actually very close.  I am right up near Great Northern Mall.  I love Liverpool, but I grew up here so I may be biased.  I love that everything is right here. There are some good restaurants around, good pizza, and pretty much anything else you need.  

We should meet up sometime.  I actually am doing some tutoring this summer at SU with the football team so I'm up there too everyday after I teach summer school.  What is this Roly Poly place you speak of?  

I can't help you with the pics...I think I have only changed my siggy pic three times since I've been on here I think. 

• No way!!!  You are right around the corner!  And you are absolutely right... there are a TON of great places to eat... as a matter of fact, I just got some great coupons for Smokey Bones in the paper ($10 off $20- woot woot!).  I'm just spoiled w/ the commute.  Going from 5-10min to 30 min in traffic makes me grumpy... but such is life in suburbia. 

I am definitely up for meeting up!  I work like crazy and will be starting back to school in a few weeks, but after I graduate, life should slow down some.

Roly Poly is a super yummy little shop just off of Marshall Street on SU Hill that serves delicious (and mostly healthy) wraps, salads and soups.  I've never had anything I didn't love there!

Online Garage Sale
  • Welcome!   I am from Cicero, but grew up in LIverpool/Baldwinsville - I think I actually grew up in the neighborhood you are living in now (behind the Tops plaza?)

you certainly don't have to go far to hit any restaurants/stores so I hope you enjoy. I love the area, my parents are still there so I am out there a lot.

I don't visit here very often any more. Everyone pretty much moved to the bump boards which I don't visit. I check here once in a while though to see what is going on.

• Another CNY girl!!  Awesome!  I actually live across from the TOPS (other side of 57) but yep... that general area.  Everything is very close, which is great!

I see that your wedding was in Clearwater... I grew up in Orlando and went to college (for one very... umm... tan... semester.  I skipped pretty much every day and hung out at the beach.  Typical, immature 18 year old)... at USF.  Love Clearwater!

Online Garage Sale