Married Life
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

tomorrow brings an interesting challenge

So, I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding that takes place in 13 weeks.  I am on crutches until at least next Thursday.  We (the bride and other bridesmaids) thought the dresses needed to be ordered 8 weeks out.  NBD, I planned to go in 2 weeks and get mine.  Another bridesmaid went tonight to get her dress and they told her that because of the specific color, our dresses need 12 weeks to arrive and 1-2 weeks to be altered depending on what needs to be done. This means that tomorrow I'm going bridesmaid dress shopping on crutches.

Re: tomorrow brings an interesting challenge

• You may think this sounds silly...and it might be, if you're shopping at a small shop.  If you're going to a decent-sized store, could you get use of a wheelchair?  It makes things so much easier in a lot of cases.
  • I am going (by myself) to David's Bridal.  I don't know if they have wheelchairs.  If I had more time, I could rent one but this has to get done tomorrow.  The front doors open out, so I'm not even sure how I'm going to get into the store.
  • Oh, that sucks.  WTF David's Bridal - haven't they heard of the ADA?  It sucks that you have to do it so soon and by yourself.  

I'm procrastinating on getting my MOH dress for an Oct. 29th wedding.  I want to lose 10 more lbs between now and then.

• Well, if your dress color is Oasis, I'd order soon.  This wedding is Oct 2nd and I may not even have time to get it altered.  On a happier note, I'm thinking this dress.  Yes, that's the color.

• Would the bride be opposed to a different but similar color? I had a similar situation spring up. I wanted the bridesmaids to wear persimmon, but it takes 12 weeks for that color. That wouldn't have been enough time as my wedding's in September. So I opted for "guava" and it's only a slight difference in color, but that dress only takes 8 weeks. It's a lot less stressful than waitng 12 weeks and not knowing if you need alterations too. Just a thought, cause David's Bridal has many blue colors and a couple that look very close to Oasis.
    [IMG]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k613/nycartist/16755_197219638704_518460_n.jpg[/IMG]
  • Another similar color is our backup plan if I can't make it in today.  Right now it looks iffy because it's raining and I can't get my cast wet!