Married Life
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Oh! I remember what I wanted tobitch about.

P got invited to a playdate with several other kids from her class. The moms at her school are snooty. I do not like them in the class. I do not like them upmyass. I feel like I should take her, her friends will be there, but I also feel like they invited me as an oddity. Ohhh, look at the single mom out of her natural environment.

I plan to drink copiously, as I heard there was going to be wine. 

Re: Oh! I remember what I wanted tobitch about.

• I think you feel like an oddity (which is nonsense, but you feel it any way) and are insecure about your single mother standingness. I bet every one of those moms wishes she had half the nerve, strength and power you have.  Go and have a nice time, and don't project your own insecurities into these women's minds. You are a hell of a woman.

SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*
  • mom-judging is the worst. But I just don't understand how they can judge you. You are awesome. They will love you!!
  • You're better than all thembitches.
    [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/zvalxk.jpg[/IMG]
  • But sue suuuuuuue.... I don't want to go and be big and brave. I want to stay in my happy little heart shaped comfort zone.
  • And thank you guys!

I think I feel insecure because last time we all got together, it was all couples and P picked that day to throw her one and only tantrum.

• Go and drink wine and be the cooler than shlt woman you are every time we've been together.
    I like salad bar, I like Despicable Me, tosh 2.0, I like Connect 4, Freedom of Speech, David Fincher, sidewalk, I like 1-800-SLIM, yo mama jokes, strawberry, Wilmer Valmavelma, Leon J. Panetta, ice skating for fun, not to save life. Cheese. Is for mouse. Are you Mick Mouse? WHY DON'T YOU GET IN YOUR SPACESHIP LIKE MICK MOUSE?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image joy1220:
    You're better than all thembitches.

And if P is any indication, you're better looking than them too.

• Aw. Go and be the awesome girl you are. They all think you are awesome already ( I know I do)  and it'll be a huge boost to you to realize these people think that way. Your kid will be happy, too.

SO SINGS MY SOUL *WHAM!* MY SAVIOR GOD TO THEE *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!* HOW GREAT THOU ART *WHAM!*
  • image Ombligo1:
    Go and drink wine and be the cooler than shlt woman you are every time we've been together.

uhuh.

• Nonsense! At least half of them hate their lives/husbands/both and ENVY you and your single-mom-ness.

• My mom tells me she felt the same way around other moms at my elementary school. But I'm glad she still took me to parties.
  • image Tambcat:
    My mom tells me she felt the same way around other moms at my elementary school. But I'm glad she still took me to parties.
  • image Tambcat:
    My mom tells me she felt the same way around other moms at my elementary school. But I'm glad she still took me to parties.

This.

Besides, they're having wine at the kids playdate. They can't be all that bad...?

• image ClarissaDarling:

Nonsense! At least half of them hate their lives/husbands/both and ENVY you and your single-mom-ness.

This.

image "...Saving just one pet won't change the world...but, surely, the world will change for that one pet..."