Sex & Romance
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Suggestions

Hi Ladies!

I'm a newlywed, a month on July 4th. Pretty quickly into the honeymoon my husband and I figured out that something was wrong. We were both virgins so we took our time. Sex was very painful for me. Once we got back from the honeymoon I called my doctor and I got a diagnosis of vaginismus. He assured me that we could work everything out and gave us some tips and wrote me a prescription for some numbing cream. I'm ordering some dialators today and we are working on everything the doctor suggested. If things don't begin to improve in a month I'm going to go for a full exam.

I was wondering if any of you other ladies had ever dealt with vaginismus and what you did that helped you?

Also, I don't regret waiting until I married to have sex. I'm posting this for advice so please be kind! :)

Re: Suggestions

• I can't help you with the vaginismus, (although, from what I've read, it sounds like you are on the right track) but I just wanted to put in a vote of confidence for you to let you know that there are other virgins-til-marriage on here! I know some people think it's abnormal to wait until marriage to have sex, and I'm not condemning those who don't do so, but my husband and I are so glad that we did. You don't need previous experience, just a dedication to learning more about each other and showing your love for each other. It just gets better and better!

Don't feel bad about your decision, and you have my best wishes in figuring out your love life!

• YOu might want to see another gyn to see if perhaps a secondary factor like interstitial vaginisimus or a microperforate hymen doesn't exist.

A sex therapist might help, also.

In the meanwhile, lots of lube and lots of foreplay and go slowly.

• image TarponMonoxide:

YOu might want to see another gyn to see if perhaps a secondary factor like interstitial vaginisimus or a microperforate hymen doesn't exist.

A sex therapist might help, also.

Ditto Tarpon. When I first started trying to have sex it was excruciatingly painful. I eventually was diagnosed with a microperforate hymen and got surgery to remove it. My gyno told me that the only way I'd be able to break my hymen "naturally" was to basically be blackout drunk.

The dilators have been a lifesaver for me post-surgery, I've been using them for 2 years now. Good luck with everything and let me know if you have any questions I can help you with!

And if the stormy weather came...I'd just kiss you in the rain... Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • kellyt89,

I'm curious, not to be tmi, but what does a microperforate hymen feel like? My doctor thinks that might be a possibility too since I'm having internal pain as well. And where did you get your dilators from?? Thanks! :)