November 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

AF

Blah. AF is here. Not this month. :( I am proud of myself for not crying. I am a tad concerned that my cycle was soooooooo crazy though. It really was acting totally different, and now I have to submit my charts to our practitioner to see what happened. Thanks for the T & P y'all. :)

Re: AF

• Aw, sorry it's not good news... fingers crossed for next month!
  • Booo to that, I'm so sorry! It was a first try though and nothing to get you discouraged! 
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks :). Yeah I am trying to not focus on the negative. I just belong to a family of super-fertile women who tend to get pregnant with one try even when they are not trying. It's weird being the first one where that really didn't work out. In fact, I am a little annoyed at my sister because I wasn't getting too "attached" to the idea of this cycle working out but she convinced me that if I was anything like the rest of the family, I certainly was pregnant. Gotta love well-meaning family. :)
  • Well-meaning family and friends can be the worst.  I'm sorry it wasn't good news this month, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for you going forward!
  • Awh I'm sorry. I think on my part I willed it to be so strongly that I was paying attention to every little thing my body was doing or not doing.  It will happen for both of us in good time.  Sounds like we will be in the same boat, about the same time this month.  We'll do this together!  I am actually very afraid to really say anythign to many family or friends at this point because I don't want to have to explain anything if it doesn't happen right away.  I won't get concerned until my doc is concerned.  That is going to be my mantra.

photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Bella - yes, we'll do this together! I like that mantra too... no worries until the doctor is :). And I hear you on not telling family... I only told my twin sister because we can't keep anything from one another and we were on vacation together. :) I really wished she hadn't "convinced" me that I was pregnant though... I finally told her today that I was on CD3, and she was bummed to hear that so at least she was a sympathetic ear too.
  • I only told my sis (BF) too. They are just excited for us. It will happen.  And darn it we are going to have a lot of fun trying!  Now go take your prenatals.
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Lol... yes, time for some fun! This can be a good phase to be in. :) And I need to find a better prenatal (mine are just the kind you buy at the grocery store but I know there are higher quality ones!!). I also got my hair highlighted and cut yesterday... probably safe regardless of pregnancy but I told myself it was nice to not have to worry about the coloring process at that moment. 
  • image zaramarie81:
    Blah. AF is here. Not this month. :( I am proud of myself for not crying. I am a tad concerned that my cycle was soooooooo crazy though. It really was acting totally different, and now I have to submit my charts to our practitioner to see what happened. Thanks for the T & P y'all. :)

@Zaramarie, same thing happened to me last week. It was our first month really trying and then AF came along. Oh Well!!! We'll have more time to practice this month ;)   I've only been off the pill for 2 months, but very regular. Still confused about everything. LOL

Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    image Our Furbaby Beaker image image
  • ANBJTC - If it's any reassurance, it typically take 3-6 months to fully recover from the pill, and some women don't ovulate the first few cycles even if their body is "going through the motions"! So, here's hoping Bella, you, and me will have some fun, enjoy the process, and have announcements in the coming months! :-) 
  • image zaramarie81:
    Lol... yes, time for some fun! This can be a good phase to be in. :) And I need to find a better prenatal (mine are just the kind you buy at the grocery store but I know there are higher quality ones!!). I also got my hair highlighted and cut yesterday... probably safe regardless of pregnancy but I told myself it was nice to not have to worry about the coloring process at that moment. 

I'm taking a prescription prenatal. Prenatal Plus.  I pay $14 @ 90 days through my insurance.  (Target had them for $10 @ 90 days, but my Target stopped carrying them so I had to go through insurance.  So you may be able to get them from Walmart/Walgreens/etc for $10).  They have 1mg Folic Acid and 27 mg Iron, plus all the other goodies.  Ask your doctor for a prescription.

And I think getting your hair colored every once and a while is OK while pregnant.  APA suggests waiting until 2nd Tri.

http://www.americanpregnancy.org/isitsafe/hairtreatments.html

---------
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Thanks catarntina! I'll have to check out those prenatals. And yeah the 1st trimester is a little sensitive... I prob would have avoided if I hadn't already said hello to AF. :) But thankfully with highlights they can try not to touch your scalp. But yeah... probably not at the top of the list of healthy pregnancy activities lol.
  • Zara I  love your attitude!  I didn't let myself cry either the first month.  It's easy for me to say now, but don't get discouraged.  You WILL get pregnant!  It took us 4 months which felt like forever, so hang in there!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • jmkes - thanks so much for the encouragement! 4 months sounds like nothing to some people, but when you're waiting for that BFP, yes, it feels like forever! I am so happy your wait is over. :)

It turns out my hormones were indeed insane this last cycle, so we switched up some stuff (off hcg, on progesterone) to calm things down while still achieving that longer LP phase that will support a pregnancy should we be so blessed. :) Also dh is even more open now that we've figured some medical stuff out so, that is exciting for me... he's such a good man, always wanting to put my health and well-being first, meanwhile I just want to throw caution to the wind haha.