November 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New Recipe Success! Taco Chicken w/ Corn Salsa

So I never get to contribute to recipe type posts because I barely know a thing! But I am trying new things lately (maybe part of my nesting?) and this one was a hit! H even loved it so much he said he thinks I should add it to the rotation 3x a week lol.

From start to table it was under 30 minutes! Even for a novice like myself. Here is the recipe:

Normal 0

1 package taco seasoning mix (1.25oz)

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 1 ? lb)

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 can (11oz) whole kernel corn w/ red and green peppers, drained

1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped

2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion

2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

1 tablespoon lime juice

1 teaspoon honey

1. In medium bowl, reserve 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning mix. Coat chicken with remaining taco seasoning mix.
  2. In 12 in skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook chicken in oil 3-5 minutes, turning once, until brown. Reduce heat to med-low. Cook about 8 minutes, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut.
  3. Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to reserved taco seasoning mix; toss gently. Serve corn salsa over chicken.
I used more cilantro and red onion then the recipe calls for because we are fans of both of those. I served with Spanish rice and also some regular salsa (I can't get enough of that ever!).
336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New Recipe Success! Taco Chicken w/ Corn Salsa