International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Important Skype question

I was reading my checking account statement and saw I had a $0.30 "international fee". I wondered WTH it could be. I suspected Skype because I do most of my purchases locally. I looked things up online and found out Wells Fargo charges a 3% international purchase transactions fee. Makes sense with the $10 I loaded on Skype. 1st time this happens.

I always thought Skype was based in the US. I am going to call Wells Fargo too. this is so bizarre.

ETA: we have Skype Pro. Our Skype phone #  starts with the area code of where I live. Skype account was opened with US debit/credit cards only.

Re: Important Skype question

• That is bizarre. If you have a US card and a US billing it shouldn't be charging you the international fee.

Hopefully it gets resolved.

36/366 No Fear --- Finishing Project 366
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

2012 Reading Challenge

2012 Reading Challenge
    Allison has read 10 books toward her goal of 30 books.
    hide

Now Nesting from Chicago, IL My nail blog:
  • Called Wells Fargo and they confirmed it was Skype through PayPal. Went to my PayPal account that is in USD. I made other transactions with this PayPal account and my debit card and was not charged an international fee.  So I guess it's not PayPal. Comes back to Skype. Unable to find a phone # to contact customer support.
  • I totally had the exact same problem! It's definitely Skype, and it's definitely a new development.

I have automatic payments for my Skype account set up with my US credit card. All of sudden last month I had an international fee on my bill. It's Skype and it said it was through Luxembourg.

Cape Town, South Africa
    Anniversary
  • image ebartzen:

I totally had the exact same problem! It's definitely Skype, and it's definitely a new development.

I have automatic payments for my Skype account set up with my US credit card. All of sudden last month I had an international fee on my bill. It's Skype and it said it was through Luxembourg.

Oh makes sense. The woman at Wells Fargo told me she could see LU so we both assumed Luxembourg. Sent an email to Skype. I don't think it will go well if US customers are charged an international fee because Skype changed something. Ugh. The service is degrading. Ever since I installed the latest version, my calls are bad quality. A couple months ago, they also charged 3x$10 out of nowhere. CC company called. It was a pain to find a number and talk to someone at Skype.

• Yeah, they do not have great customer service. Though they usually address issues quickly enough, most likely due to the volume of feedback. Hopefully this will be the same.
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Anniversary
  • Here is the answer I got:

Thank you for contacting Skype Customer Service.

We understand that you are concerned about the international fee that

was charged to your account. We will look into this for you.

Please be advised that some banks include an International Service Assessment (ISA) fee on international transactions. This is also known as a foreign transaction fee. Credit card company regulations require this charge to be disclosed separately on your statement.

We would like to emphasize that this fee is not part of Skype?s charges. It is likely that the reason your bank is charging you an international transaction fee is that Skype is not a registered US company. 
    If you need additional information regarding this fee, please contact your bank or financial institution.

We hope you found this answer helpful. Should you need any further assistance

or have additional questions please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best regards,

Mmm, incomplete answer. Why did my bank never charged

an international fee in the 4+ years we've had this account? 

• I had a similar situation, I figured it out before I paid though. Skype now charges you from the country in which the IP address is where you're on the computer buying your product. So that's international. You can fiddle around and change your settings in skype to make them act like you're in the US, which is what I did, because that was cheaper and I wanted an US number. 

But yeah, next time make sure you set your location/country to US. 

My food blog

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers < br />

What I'm looking forward to in 2012:

eating our way through (northern) Italy on vacation.

Eating our way through (northern) Italy on vacation

<a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D