Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Convo with my mother from sunday

I'm a PW today...

Badger: Hello

Mom: Hey baby cakes! Good news! You're brother isn't gay!

Badger: Ummm

Mom: He shot a gun this weekend at a shooting range, so it looks like we're in the clear.

Badger: Number one, he has a girlfriend. Number two, so what if he is? Number three, gay people don't shoot guns?

Mom: Not gay men! Anyway, it doesn't matter whether he is or not. I just thought you'd want to know.

Badger: Indifferent

Re: Convo with my mother from sunday

• LOL.  So she thinks there's no such thing as gay guys in the military or police force?  Wow.
    I like pineapples...they make life just so much more interesting.
  • image ILikePineapples:
    LOL.  So she thinks there's no such thing as gay guys in the military or police force?  Wow.

She's crazy. My brother doesn't usually engage in stereotypically masculine activities, so I think that's why she said that. She knows gay police officers, so I think it was more of a "not my son" attitude than a "gay men don't do manly things ever" attitude.

• Apparently, she is not familar with "don't ask, don't tell."
  • Which has been repealed.
  • My Mother was convinced my brother was gay up until college just because he never told her about girlfriends. I think she was disappointed when she found out he was straight.
  • After I got married the first time my mom said something about "Well, I guess now we know you're not bisexual." Huh?

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • TSDTSD member
    My mom would've been thrilled with a gay son. She would've been all Debbie Novotny from Queer as Folk.