Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

BR: Dilemma- wwyd? NOTW

OK- I have tried to pick-up Name of the Wind repeatedly this past week.  I can't get into it.  I know this may be due mostly to my being a stress ball and not being able to concentrate.  WWYD?  Keep trying or put it aside until life calms down and just try to read something else right now.

Follow my SK blog as I reread the entire SK library (again!):
http://www.skallthetime.blogspot.com/

Re: BR: Dilemma- wwyd? NOTW

• RevJenRevJen member
    Ninth Anniversary 25000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    Put it down.  You really have to concentrate on it in the beginning.  Sort out what's happening with your mother and have her start healing before you pick it up again.  You need something mindless and easy right now.

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• Honey, you have too much on your plate to enjoy it right now. Mark me down for saying put it down and try again later.

I am praying for you and your mom.  I'm sorry you're having to go through all of that.  Not knowing is sometimes scarier than knowing.

"Live like there's no midnight."

• I agree, I would put it away until things calm down a bit.  My thoughts and prayers are with your mom and family. 

my read shelf:
    Lauren's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• EliStarEliStar member
    Ninth Anniversary 10000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer

I agree with pp. Put it down, wait till you have time to focus. Right now you have too much on your plate to concentrate on anything else. 

xoxo 

image image
              Elizabeth Salom (elistar)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• image RevJen:
    Put it down.  You really have to concentrate on it in the beginning.  Sort out what's happening with your mother and have her start healing before you pick it up again.  You need something mindless and easy right now.

Yes This.  I vote for picking up one of your old, worn-out favorites to fill any reading time you actually find yourself with.

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• image 84Lauren:

image RevJen:

Yes This.  I vote for picking up one of your old, worn-out favorites to fill any reading time you actually find yourself with.

Gee- that sounds like you are telling me to read IT....  care to join? 

• RevJenRevJen member
    Ninth Anniversary 25000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    I have to finish AGOT before school starts next week.  lol

My favorite Cake Wreck ever.

• image myJunegirls:
    image 84Lauren:

image RevJen:

I'm saving it for Halloween this year Smile  I did just start The Gunslinger... but evil forces on this board are trying to tear me away and start Game of Thrones instead. I think I'll get through at least the first two DT books before switching to GOT.

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• image 84Lauren:
    image myJunegirls:
    image 84Lauren:

image RevJen:

I'm saving it for Halloween this year Smile  I did just start The Gunslinger... but evil forces on this board are trying to tear me away and start Game of Thrones instead. I think I'll get through at least the first two DT books before switching to GOT.

Yes!  Don't stop after book 1- you'll never want to go back to it again LOL  I may need to do an IT read along with you this year ;).  Maybe we should make it the Oct SK book we do annually 

• image myJunegirls:
    image 84Lauren:
    image myJunegirls:
    image 84Lauren:

image RevJen:

Yes!  Don't stop after book 1- you'll never want to go back to it again LOL  I may need to do an IT read along with you this year ;).  Maybe we should make it the Oct SK book we do annually 

I will def campaign HARD for that - I really want to make it my fun Halloween read, but I don't want to miss out on a SK read-along if it's another book!  Not that I couldn't do both, but still... and I would love for you to read it w/ me!

52 Books in 2014??

imageimageimageimage

My sweet babies:
    imageimageimageimage

• Read some mindless fluff for now.  You have enough on your brain.
    imageimageimage NESTIE FORMERLY KNOWN AS BOONEYBEAR. Stooooopid nest.