Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How was your weekend?

2»

Re: How was your weekend?

• Thanks for the dress rec.  I just ordered it in black, green, and the blue. 

I scrubbed my house this weekend and even reorganized out closet.  It was a large undertaking, but I feel so much better now that my clothes are organized!  I also got my hairs done.  I out some more red in this time.  Let me grab the pic (please excuse the no makeup). image

• Thursday night Dimi got a fever. Stayed in a pretty good mood, though. Fever was gone by the next afternoon, but he was still pretty fussy until Saturday.

So I spent Saturday missing the best shower ever. There was a preemie there and I didn't want to risk it. Boo. Bug was in the worst mood evah, everything is soooo dramatic with an 11 year old. Finally a friend called and asked her to a sleepover. It was the first time in three days Bug had smiled at me.

Sunday we did a little gardening and a little housecleaning. Got 6 tomatoes in on the trellis, but I still have to find room for the the other 4.

Monday we finally celebrated Mother's Day and went downtown and pretended to be tourists. It was so much fun. Dimi can't take a whole lot of stimulation, so we rode the Max, walked the waterfront, visited the food carts, went to a playground and then went to Finnegan's (awesome toy store) and Powell's (awesomest bookstore). Dimi was out and floppy for the ride home.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • image 2bMrsEAB:

Thanks for the dress rec.  I just ordered it in black, green, and the blue. 

I scrubbed my house this weekend and even reorganized out closet.  It was a large undertaking, but I feel so much better now that my clothes are organized!  I also got my hairs done.  I out some more red in this time.  Let me grab the pic (please excuse the no makeup). image

Me like!

• I don't see much red EAB, but I really like it.

• Thnaks! My first pen face pic.
  • Holyshit, Wendy!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!! The ring is gorgeous, yo! Also, this made me LOL: Also, Dawg, the real question is, will you tell us right away?  Do we have to wait for St. Patricks day?

We just got home from our weekend in Buffalo. It was fun. I drank a lot. The end.

OH!!!!!!!!! WAIIIIT!!!!!!!  I found out my friend's H did his residency at the hospital in Morgantown WV where Kirk White gave birth to baby Monica and snorted oxycodone off the nightstand! I was like, "Do people routinely do drugs there after giving birth?"

I bet her FUPA's name is Shane, like the gunslinger/drifter of literature.--HappyTummy
  • image BobLoblaw:

OH!!!!!!!!! WAIIIIT!!!!!!!  I found out my friend's H did his residency at the hospital in Morgantown WV where Kirk White gave birth to baby Monica and snorted oxycodone off the nightstand! I was like, "Do people routinely do drugs there after giving birth?"

OMG!  This makes you slightly more famous!

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • CAUTION BETHIE, BABY SLEEP TALK AHEAD 

Our weekend was taken over by our 3rd attempt at Ferber. I am now convinced I have an exceptionally stubborn child. As I previously mentioned, the first night he finally fell asleep sitting up, with his eyes open. FREAKY.

He's not doing that anymore, but 4 nights later he's still crying up a storm and waking a few times. So we're going to bite the bullet and go the full Weissbluth. Just call me refrigerator mother.

Other than that, we had a nice long weekend. Saturday was the awesome baby shower, Sunday we relaxed and took walks and caught up on TV, yesterday we took a picnic to the zoo and went to their animatronic dinosaur exhibit, which Sean enjoyed very much. We brought his birthday present to the zoo with us instead of a stroller http://www.step2.com/product.cfm?product_id=1412 which he loved. He honked the horn at people and made vrooming noises. One little kid tried to steal it and then sobbed when his mom took him away. Sorry we ruined your day, kid, and sorry your parents don't love you enough to get you an awesome blue car.

The poster formerly known as PDXPhotoGrl
  • So we're going to bite the bullet and go the full Weissbluth. Just call me refrigerator mother.

I have absolutely no idea what this means. Any of it.

"The meek shall inherit the earth" isn't about children. It's about deer. We're all going to get messed the fuckup by a bunch of cloned super-deer.- samfish2bcrab

Sometimes I wonder if scientists have never seen a sci-fi movie before. "Oh yes, let's create a super species of deer. NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG." I wonder if State Farm offers a Zombie Deer Attack policy. -CaliopeSpidrman
  • image pdxmouse:

So we're going to bite the bullet and go the full Weissbluth. Just call me refrigerator mother.

The Weissbluth method is letting your kid cry indefinitely.  She's a refrigerator mother because she's cold for letting him cry.

• image KayRI:
    image pdxmouse:

So we're going to bite the bullet and go the full Weissbluth. Just call me refrigerator mother.

The Weissbluth method is letting your kid cry indefinitely.  She's a refrigerator mother because she's cold for letting him cry.

What Kay said. But I am Amy100% sure he will actually cry less than with Ferber. Us checking on him just seems to work him up.

The poster formerly known as PDXPhotoGrl
  • salimoosalimoo member

Congrats Wendy and Dawg! Noisy, can you start building a case against Will for elder abuse now? I know you're not elderly, but maybe a night in the slammer for forcing you to live in unsanitary conditions and inflicting pain on you would help.

I also got the green dress this weekend. Okla, what size did you try on? I grabbed XS and S and while the fit wasn't THAT different, the S looked a million times better on.

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • image scienarasucka:
    image KayRI:
    image pdxmouse:

What Kay said. But I am Amy100% sure he will actually cry less than with Ferber. Us checking on him just seems to work him up.

Once the kids get older we wind up doing straight CIO too. The checks make them all lathered up.
    image Ready to rumble.
  • image scienarasucka:
    image KayRI:
    image pdxmouse:

Yes.  When we have had to do sleep training after an interruption in his schedule, we cannot go in, or it's all over.  If he is left by himself, he will calm down after 15-ish minutes.  The worst was when he was in his head hitting days, if we tried to go in to calm him down, but not take him out of his crib, he would smack his head into the railing.  Yeah, the kid knows how to win his battles.

Noisy, I am so so so so sorry you are going through such a hard time right now.  Hang in there and remind yourself that it will all change soon.

If it makes you feel any better, I was covered in blood and pee yesterday afternoon.  Boy, was that a fun BBQ. 

Andy tripped on our way up to our friends' house.  It just seemed like a typical fall, but when I picked him up, his knee was dripping blood.  Aside from a little bloody lip here and there, I have never seen my kid's blood.  It made me want to cry.  We still went to the BBQ for a little bit.  As long as he didn't see his knee, he totally forgot about it.  Then, as I carried him outside to the car, his diaper leaked on my shirt.  Yesterday was not my best mommy day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Oops...and congratulations Wendy!  Good luck Dawg!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I really like that dress.  I can't wait for us to finally get Target in Canada - they're coming soon!

I like your hairs EAB.