Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How was your weekend?

I cleaned and went to Bratfest. It was pretty uneventful.

Regale me with stories of you BBQs and camping trips!

Re: How was your weekend?

• I attempted to eat nothing but Vicki cookies and strawberry cupcakes this weekend.  I was almost successful.

Went to a co-ed baby shower BBQ on Saturday that was a lot of fun.  I got my very first, "So when are you going to have a baby?"
    On Sunday, I intended to garden, but I watched a Firefly marathon instead.
    On Monday, I intended to go grocery shopping and do some work, but I watched an Arrested Development marathon instead.  Basically, I was a lazy slug all weekend.

"That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Friday I closed on my new land, got engaged, and went to see Hangover 2.

Saturday I ran a 10k.  It was effing hot and disgusting and I walked a lot at the end.

Sunday I went to a family (to be) reunion.  The food was mostly yummy, except someone made devilled eggs that were sweet.  WHO DOES THAT?

Monday I basically went hiking on the new land and then spent a few hours cleaning out closets.  I have like 5 giant bags of stuff to deliver to Goodwill this afternoon in my car.  Yay.

So basically, my weekend was fukcing amazing.

• image WendyToo:

Friday I closed on my new land, got engaged, and went to see Hangover 2.

HOLY MOLY! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Tell more! How'd it happen?

• Wendy!  I want details on the engagement.  Did you know it was coming?  How did he ask?

I had 15 eggs removed on Sunday and spent the weekend lying around and getting Tony to bring me food.  

IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • I dunno, Bratfest sounds pretty awesome!

we went to a birthday party saturday night, and i had to go in to work briefly on sat/sun mornings. yesterday i had to do some baby shopping for a bunch of people, and at barnes and noble alison ran around like a maniac for like an hour. that was special.

• image lmydogally:

Wendy!  I want details on the engagement.  Did you know it was coming?  How did he ask?

I knew that was the EVENTUAL plan, but I had no idea it was coming now, no.  He apparently was convinced that I would know something was up, but nope.  Not a clue.

There are more details in the Weekend Plans post.

• Saturday I took the kids to their music class. They were perfect little angels. Then we went to Target to pick up a few things, and they were still perfect, adorable little children. Strangers complimented me on my adorable children. Seriously.

Then we came home and attempted to take a nap and everything was just a giant pile of shiit. Screaming, throwing crap, attempting to break things, everything was miserable. I already posted about attempting to fill my sadness with marshmallow fluff. The remainder of Saturday was kind of a sad mess. After the kids went to bed I watched a lot of TV.

On Sunday I took the kids to a farm in Irvine, over an hour away. I couldn't handle the nap misery of the day before, so we left when Evie was ready for her morning nap, and she slept all the way up. We rode in a tractor-pulled wagon, picked strawberries, they gave us vegetables to try, then Will and I picked out some veggies from their stand and also ate a hot dog. Then we headed home, and the kids both slept, and it was magical. If gas wasn't $4.20 a gallon I'd consider driving around during naptime every day, environment be damned. The kids were perfect little angels at the grocery store and that night for bed. 

Yesterday was a clusterfuck. Will peed on the chaise in his bedroom after I told him he couldn't jump off furniture at his sister. I stripped the cover off before it soaked through to the cushion, thank goodness. When I got down on my knees to talk to him about the appropriate places to go potty, he headbutted me as hard as he could in my nose. It's still a little swollen today. Then when he was having his time out, he peed on the chaise in his bedroom again. Then I lost it. I'm pretty sure I swore a lot. Evie spent the entire morning crying for reasons unknown. We attempted naptime for an hour, then I gave up and let Will out. Then Evie slept for 20 minutes before pooping and waking herself up. There was more screaming. The kids were okay in the evening though, and I grilled brats and corn and we drank some Rogue Chocolate Stout, and bedtime was okay.

After they were asleep I went to see Bridesmaids by myself and sang very loudly in the car on the way there and back. Bridesmaids was pretty funny. I haven't been crazy about Kristen Wiig on Saturday Night Live (though to be fair, I haven't watched it much at all in the last five years), but I loved her in this. And I loved the policeman, and I even loved the dress scene. "I shiit in the street." Good times. 

• Oh, and while I was changing Evie after her failed nap, Will peed on a chair in the living room. WTF man. 

• congrats, Wendy!

my weekend was good, took Friday off, my H and I took a nice walk on the waterfront in Plymouth and then had lunch.  Came home and sent my son off to his senior prom, then watched an amazing hockey game with the neighbors.

Saturday we were back at the neighbor's for a cookout, didn't go home until around 1 am.  Sunday we did some errands and cleaned the house.  Yesterday we sat on the porch and drank smoothies.

[IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]
  • image noisy_penguin:
    Oh, and while I was changing Evie after her failed nap, Will peed on a chair in the living room. WTF man. 

Child abuse.  I'm quite sure I'd lose my shiiit if my kid was intentionally peeing on furniture out of spite.  Repeatedly.

• Noisy, I'm sorry you are having a rough time right now. I hope it gets better soon.

My weekend was okay. Friday night I worked until 10:30 or so at the second job. Saturday I spent all day with a guy for his birthday - sushi lunch, then the zoo, then met up with friends for dinner and drinks and pool. Good day. Sunday I worked and Monday I worked. I'm sick of working.

• Wendy that story is so sweet and the ring is so beautiful.  I'm so excited for you. 
    IVF#1 May 2011 15 Eggs Retrieved, 11 Fertilized using ICSI + HPT on 6/9/11 Beta #1 420 Beta #2 2167 US 7/1 TWINS!! Due 2/18/2012 Brooke and Nora born at 35.6 weeks Jan 20th 2012
  • image WendyToo:
    image lmydogally:

Wendy!  I want details on the engagement.  Did you know it was coming?  How did he ask?

I knew that was the EVENTUAL plan, but I had no idea it was coming now, no.  He apparently was convinced that I would know something was up, but nope.  Not a clue.

There are more details in the Weekend Plans post.

Congratulations Wendy! 

• Sorry about this peeing situation, Noisy. Geez.

Dawg, is 15 eggs good? I hope all of that goes well for you over the next few days!

• Thanks guys.

Also, Dawg, the real question is, will you tell us right away?  Do we have to wait for St. Patricks day?

• Congratulations Wendy!  I "liked" your Facebook status change but it merits an additional acknowledgment here.

We went to a wedding Friday night, and Ian (after bolting from his duties as ring bearer) spent the night with my parents. We had a blast at the wedding and stayed up drinking whiskey and smoking cigars until about 3AM.  Saturday we went to a pool party, Sunday we went to my family's beach house, and yesterday we reveled in a day with no plans.  

I took a nap on the deck and we drank a giant pitcher of sangria and grilled some scallops.

• oh I also went to Target and bought the dress bethie mentioned in green, I think I may go back and get it in black too.  I think we should have a GTG and all wear the same dress.
    [IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/fc6xeb.jpg[/IMG]
  • This is the first time he's done anything like this. The last time may have been an actual accident because he was watching Arthur; he sometimes has accidents if we don't remind him while he's engrossed in TV. But the other stuff? I don't know where he even came up with it.

• Jen- 15 eggs is good.  11 fertilized and 5 are rated excellent.  Tonight they will call me and let me know how they are doing and what day the transfer will be. 

Wendy- I'm not a big St. Pattys day so I will most likely tell you guys right away. :)

• This was our weekend in NYC and thanks to everyone for their recommendations.  I feel like we ate our way through the city.  Big Smile

Saturday we spent the day seeing as much as possible in one day, went to the top of the Rock and had dinner in Little Italy.  Sunday was more of the same but with cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery for breakfast and an afternoon show starring Kiefer Sutherland, Jason Patric, Chris Noth, and Jim Gaffigan.  Turns out it was the last performance, so that was pretty cool.  Sunday night's dinner at Mesa Grill was fantastic and we ended the night at a piano bar.  Yesterday we got shakes from the Shake Shack (OMG...so good) and then headed to the airport for our long trip home.

All in all it was a great weekend and I'm so glad we were able to go.

• Congratulations Wendy! I didn't see the other post yet, but I liked how you just nonchalantly threw that out there in this one.

Noisy, I commend you for not beating your child. I may have lost it at the headbutt. Nope, I would have lost it at the headbutt.  I suppose I should look into ways to discipline your child without abuse when they are tormenting you out of spite.

My weekend was pretty lazy. Kevin and I drank a whole bunch of scotch and sat outside by the little zen garden he built. Charlotte decided to break her 2 week stretch of sleeping through the night to scream incessantly, as well as deciding she hates the car seat. I did not win Powerball. My SIL is pregnant, potentially with more than one. My brother horrified me with his table manners. And, that sums it up.

For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • WOW!   Wendy, congratulations!!!! 

Noisy: Then we came home and attempted to take a nap and everything was just a giant pile of shiit.

I have to admit, i laughed at this.   then i read the rest of your post.   Holy banana's,  the fact that child still lives with you is testament to your patience.

• oh noisy :(

Congrats dawg and wendy!

We shopped for and bought our stroller (Maclaren Volo, thanks for the recommendations everyone). We ate lasagna pizza which was super yummy. We went yesterday to this indoor playground/gym for toddlers and it was awesome!! Ryker had so much fun.

We also had an awful argument/whatever at 3am Sunday night because Dagger wouldn't go to sleep but we ended up having a very cathartic and good parenting talk Monday to work through it.

• image wingedbride:

We also had an awful argument/whatever at 3am Sunday night because Dagger wouldn't go to sleep but we ended up having a very cathartic and good parenting talk Monday to work through it.

My sympathies. I feel like the middle of the night when the kid is wailing always ends up being prime argument time. You're tired, at the end of your rope and losing patience quickly.

Then I feel like a jackass the next morning trying to apologize.

• Thanks everyone. Will did get a swat on the butt after the second pee on the chaise (which was about 30 seconds after the headbutt, which had already pushed me about to the edge). I felt really terrible immediately after it happened, and I would rather not do it again, but he stopped being such an asswipe for the rest of the day, so maybe it finally got the message through that he can't pee everywhere because he's mad about something. I don't know.

We're also having issues with George not making it into his litterbox because he still is having trouble with his balance and keeping himself upright for any period of time, so it was a disgusting, pee-filled weekend.

Also, Dawg I'm excited for you! Keep us posted.

And congrats again Wendy!

And Mashed, what is this Target dress? 

• image noisy_penguin:

Thanks everyone. Will did get a swat on the butt after the second pee on the chaise (which was about 30 seconds after the headbutt, which had already pushed me about to the edge). I felt really terrible immediately after it happened, and I would rather not do it again, but he stopped being such an asswipe for the rest of the day, so maybe it finally got the message through that he can't pee everywhere because he's mad about something. I don't know.

We're also having issues with George not making it into his litterbox because he still is having trouble with his balance and keeping himself upright for any period of time, so it was a disgusting, pee-filled weekend.

Also, Dawg I'm excited for you! Keep us posted.

And congrats again Wendy!

And Mashed, what is this Target dress? 

I commend you for the swat on the butt and I think you should use it as necessary.

Book Review Blog

If I were a man (or fitty) I'd totally call my penis THE WIZARD - HappyTummy
  • Saturday we got a ton of cleaning done in the house and the back yard.  We also watched The Invention of Lying, which was meh.

Sunday I stayed with the baby while H went to see The Hangover 2.  Then he stayed with the baby while I went to see Bridesmaids.  I liked it.  Sunday night we made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting.

Yesterday we finished cleaning and had our neighbors over for a BBQ, which turned out to be fun.  Then I shopped online for some new work clothes while complaining loudly about having to spend money on clothes I don't even like to wear.

• Thanks! I need some new dresses.