Relationships
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Craigslist Patriotism

If you like men in uniform,  you should be in NYC this weekend. Who knew Craigslist could help you show how patriotic you are?

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/2011/05/27/2011-05-27_god_bless_america_craigslist_welcomes_fleet_week_with_patriotism_and_perversion.html

Reading the article wasn't enough so I decided to check it out on my own and now I feel like I need to shower.

"Desperately Seeking My Maverick" was at least subtle. But "hot horny girl looking for fleet week ***" is pretty straightforward about "looking to take on a few of your buds at once too."

Someone from here was going to NYC this weekend, right ? I want to say it's mgarlits.

I hope she brings back pictures of sailors or at least stories of slutty girls throwing themselves at sailors in the middle of Times Square. Last year I think I saw HHG and her bff drunk stumbling with a group of 6 sailors outside Penn Station.

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz

Re: Craigslist Patriotism

• Fleet week will always hold a special place in my heart. Fleet week 2005 was quite fun for me.
    image Mabel the Loser.
  • Tell me more, tell me more. 

I'm still bitter that my brother's friend shot down going to McSorley's during Fleet Week 2001 by pointing out he shouldn't bring his just turned 21 yr old sister to NYC's oldest bar while the fleet was in town.

But myself and the other wives did enjoy the eye candy last year or maybe the year before when the boys decided to get tickets to the Phillies-Yankees game and take the train up. The women knew it was Fleet Week but the guys didn't and we giggled like school girls once some sailors stepped on NJ Transit.

I'm pretty sure it's pronounced your mom's a moron and if you didn't have your name legally changed by the age of 22, so are you. Unless you're from another continent. -Groomz
  • salimoosalimoo member
    UNCLEAN!!! UNCLEAN!!!!!

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • I updated my siggy in honor of this thread.

• salimoosalimoo member
    LOL. That took me a second to notice. Perfect!

Husbands should be like Kleenex: Soft, strong, and disposable.
  • Having shared a commuter train line with the Great Lakes naval base makes me simply say:  ew.