Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Stove Cleaning

Last weekend I was making a marinade and it overflowed on the stove. I think the sugar is making it really hard to get off! I am definitely not a cleaning expert, but I have no idea how  get it clean. 

I have a flat top stove. I have tried using a stove top cleaner (I think Easy Off?) and it is not helping at all. Any other suggestions?  

Re: Stove Cleaning

• While I have a few spots that just refuse to go away, spraying the spot with cleaner (like Lysol 4-in-1) and just letting it sit for 10 min or so usually works. You could also try a "magic eraser" 
  • I use a razor blade on mine too. After I scrape it all off, I use the easy off spray & it usually comes nice and clean!
    [IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/29nuoee.jpg[/IMG]
  • My DH slobs all over the stove every time I let him cook.  I use the straight razor blade and then liquid bar keepers friend and some scrubbing.  Then I wipe the streaks off with some glass cleaner or 409.  :)
  • Do you have a steam cleaner? If so, I use that on my stove and it gets all the mess off without being abrasive. 

My food blog

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers < br />

What I'm looking forward to in 2012:

eating our way through (northern) Italy on vacation.

Eating our way through (northern) Italy on vacation

<a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • image BeautifulExchange:
    While I have a few spots that just refuse to go away, spraying the spot with cleaner (like Lysol 4-in-1) and just letting it sit for 10 min or so usually works. You could also try a "magic eraser" 

This is what I've used to get some pretty tough spots off. 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We use the magic erasers on our stove.
  • Thanks for all of the advice! I ended up getting advice to turn on the stove for about 20 seconds to heat it up then scrubbing it with a sponge. Success! However, I almost burned my fingers, so I am pretty sure a razor blade or magic eraser will be a better bet next time. Sorry I did not come back to respond until now, but I really do appreciate all of the advice!