September 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

*Paige* - The Book Thief *spoilers*

I read mixed reviews on this book before I started it.  One thing I read a lot of was that people really didn't like the narrator, Death.  I personally liked the narrator's take on things.  It was really cool that when he was talking about someone he would give you a glimpse into that person's death. 

CRAFTY ME 

my read shelf:
Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: *Paige* - The Book Thief *spoilers*

• I thought that was pure creative genius to tell a story from that perspective. I have never read anything like it.

I totally cried when she was saying goodbye to Papa and Rudy.

And I was so glad to see that she was taken in by the mayor and his wife. That made me happy.

Then I cried again when she was reunited with Max. I thought he was such a great character.

• Kasi80Kasi80 member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary

I was so sad when we got a glimpse at Rudy's death (before it happened) and Papa's too.  I was hoping none of them would die.  Oh and when they said the mom was beatuiful and quiet at one time I couldn't believe it!  Haha. 

How about when Papa got whipped?  OMG, I wanted to shed a few tears at that.  It bothered me more than when she did.  

I wonder if she ended up marrying Max.....That would have been a little weird but they weren't THAT far off in age. 

I was really sad about the whole Max situation and how he felt they were doing too much for him.  Can you imagine living in a freezing basement 24 hours a day (almost) for 2 yers!?  Poor guy....then only to get captured anyway?

I liked the mayor's wife.  She was awesome to intentionally leave the window open.   

CRAFTY ME 

my read shelf:
    Kasi's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Ugh. When papa got whipped I wanted to bawl.

Max. Where do I begin on my thoughts for Max? ... Everything about the events that took place because of Hitler make me want to cry. It was a little hard to read about what happened because of having such a personal look on it by following one persons struggles because of being Jewish. I think Max was so great and if they did get married I would be so happy.

The mayors wife made my day.