Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Icky Clicky (TMI)

Okay, so one of the responses in that ML link made it seem like it was totally normal for a DH to see the monthly bloody used pads. 

What say you?

[Poll] 

Re: Icky Clicky (TMI)

• and yeah, this is my first clicky....  epic first clicky topic!
  • jennlinjennlin member
    Eighth Anniversary Combo Breaker

image snowflake54:
    and yeah, this is my first clicky....  epic first clicky topic!

Yes

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • image snowflake54:
    and yeah, this is my first clicky....  epic first clicky topic!

bwhahaha, you're no longer a clicky virgin.  Welcome to the dark side.

• image uwhuskygirl:

bwhahaha, you're no longer a clicky virgin.  Welcome to the dark side.

I kind of enjoyed it.  Embarrassed

• If Aunt Flo still visited me I'd normally be in the hell no, I'd rather die category, however, if there's a freaking bug in my lady bits all modesty goes out the window.

TMI ALERT!!!!!!

The closest thing that I can come up with is when I got really, really, really sick (like seriously contemplated going to the ER sick) for the first time because of my lactose intollerance.

Up until this point in the almost 5 years that we've been together I've never seen him in the bathroom and vice versa. Well, here I am puking my guts out in to the bathoom garbage can while sitting on the toilet.  H starts to hear all of this commotion and starts knocking on the bathroom door and just opens the door when I can't even answer because of the puking.

So, yeah, I'm sitting on the toilet, practically naked because I was breaking out in a cold sweat, puking and here's H standing in the door way trying to get me to focus to see if he should call an ambulance bc I was puking for over 30 min. 

In extreme cases I don't care (bugs in my lady parts falls in to this category), but on a normal day I would rather die than have H see my private moments. 

Oh and I'm sorry, but all I could think of when I first read the post is this: 

http://fivefullplates.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/5fp-oh-hai-bug.jpg

• I don't wrap up the used stuff that well when I put in the bathroom garbage, so if DH lifted the lid, he could easily see some of the used tampons/pads.  He's never mentioned it, and I figure it's not a big deal since he grew up with an older sister and they used to share a bathroom.
    OMH est. May 7, 2011
    Photo courtesy of jennygg.com
    My never updated Planning/Married Bio: http://mgoss228.weebly.com/
    Seattle Knotties: Please page me if you send me a PM!
  • image uwhuskygirl:

http://fivefullplates.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/5fp-oh-hai-bug.jpg

that's so cute!

I thought in the original ML post the OP said that it was her 'backup' panty liner and she was wearing a tampon, so her H didn't really see any blood...?  Either way, it's still a little weird.

H has now seen the gamut of gross/weird things (he said surgery when a woman is on her period is gross... he's had to put in the catheter...) so I imagine it wouldn't bother him as much as it might have a couple years ago.  I still wrap things pretty well and neither of us sees each other using the bathroom.  Ooh, I just got another clicky idea...

• Normally I would say heck no I try to keep that private. But after having a baby I could care less lol After baby I bled for a while and I did not care to make used pads discrete, he just saw the whole process of baby coming out I didn't think used pads would phase him after that lol
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds
  • image amandasw:

I thought in the original ML post the OP said that it was her 'backup' panty liner and she was wearing a tampon, so her H didn't really see any blood...?

Yeah, the OP was blood free, but then someone else was talking about how if their husband is seeing bloody pads is bad, then she is a really bad wife because her husband has seen lots and lots of them.  Which made me Ick! because - unless she is leaving them totally out and like on display, I don't understand how it would happen that way. Unless maybe she doesn't wrap them prior to putting them in the trash.  In which case I hope her garbage has a lid.  My bathroom garbage doesn't have a lid, so that would just be ick.

• image snowflake54:
    image amandasw:

I thought in the original ML post the OP said that it was her 'backup' panty liner and she was wearing a tampon, so her H didn't really see any blood...?

Yeah, the OP was blood free, but then someone else was talking about how if their husband is seeing bloody pads is bad, then she is a really bad wife because her husband has seen lots and lots of them.  Which made me Ick! because - unless she is leaving them totally out and like on display, I don't understand how it would happen that way. Unless maybe she doesn't wrap them prior to putting them in the trash.  In which case I hope her garbage has a lid.  My bathroom garbage doesn't have a lid, so that would just be ick.

oh EW!!