Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Friday Randoms

Anyone working today? What are your weekend holiday plans?

Re: Friday Randoms

• TheWopTheWop member
    10000 Comments Fifth Anniversary

I work today and tomorrow for a bit, but then I get 2 whole days off!  I haven't had a full weekend in 8 weeks!  I'm so ready. 

We'll probably hang out and grill this weekend.  I really don't have any plans.  I might hit up Hobby Lobby for some baby room decor, too. Oh, and I might finally get some impatiens for my window boxes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mike is off today so our weekend has begun. We are about to go for a bike ride. This afternoon we will head up north to my parent's cottage. From there we will head to the TC area to cheer on my brother in the Bayshore marathon.(And maybe GRKaters!! haha) More biking in the Leelanau Peninsula and then Monday I need to prep my house and grocery shop for Bunco on Wednesday.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!!

• I have the whole weekend off but nothing planned. I have to do laundry tonight because I didn't do it last night. LOL. I better do it because Mike is only down to 1 pair of boxers.

• I am patiently waiting to hear about this part time job. I should hear something today sometime.
  • Heading up to Traverse City to run a marathon. :D
  • image Hoektastic:

Mike is off today so our weekend has begun. We are about to go for a bike ride. This afternoon we will head up north to my parent's cottage. From there we will head to the TC area to cheer on my brother in the Bayshore marathon.(And maybe GRKaters!! haha) More biking in the Leelanau Peninsula and then Monday I need to prep my house and grocery shop for Bunco on Wednesday.

YEAH!! 

I'll be wearing a blue tank, light blue hat, and some loud-print blue-and-black Nike shorts, most likely running with a girl dressed in all pink. :) I'd love to hear some random "GO KATE"s along the way. :D

• image GRKaters:
    Heading up to Traverse City to run a marathon. :D

hee hee :)

• I don't have anything planned for the weekend. Neither side of our families really do anything for the summer holiday's anymore. 

I have to say that after watching the GR LipDub I was pretty proud of our city. I heard that someone had posted it on Newsweek FB page. and Newsweek responded by saying something to the effect...OK Grand Rapids we get it, it's cool. After being called a "dying city" and the response that we gave Newsweek I wonder how the other cities responded. Is GR the only city that "fought back"? 

• TheWopTheWop member
    Ugh.  I got a text from SIL and she wants us to have a birthday cookout at the IL's house on Sunday.  I really don't want to go.  This is my first full weekend, I don't want to spend it stressed out over stupid things SIL and stepFIL say.  I would much rather spend my weekend happy with friends.  Is that selfish? 
  • image TheWop:
    Ugh.  I got a text from SIL and she wants us to have a birthday cookout at the IL's house on Sunday.  I really don't want to go.  This is my first full weekend, I don't want to spend it stressed out over stupid things SIL and stepFIL say.  I would much rather spend my weekend happy with friends.  Is that selfish? 

Nope  do what you want to do!

• TheWopTheWop member
    GRR!  Now Nick invited an annoying coworker over for our cookout on Monday.  This could turn into opposite kind of weekend I wanted.  I could seriously cry. 
  • image TheWop:

Boy that sure sucks that your phone is giving you a hard time and you are not receiving text messages. Too bad you missed out on the invite. Wink

• TheWopTheWop member
    image gvsubride05:

image TheWop:

Boy that sure sucks that your phone is giving you a hard time and you are not receiving text messages. Too bad you missed out on the invite. Wink

I already respoded because her text covered other things like a baby shower...and Nick got the same info sent to him unfortunately Stick out tongue

• I am so bored at wk!
  • image GRKaters:
    image Hoektastic:

Mike is off today so our weekend has begun. We are about to go for a bike ride. This afternoon we will head up north to my parent's cottage. From there we will head to the TC area to cheer on my brother in the Bayshore marathon.(And maybe GRKaters!! haha) More biking in the Leelanau Peninsula and then Monday I need to prep my house and grocery shop for Bunco on Wednesday.

YEAH!! 

I'll be wearing a blue tank, light blue hat, and some loud-print blue-and-black Nike shorts, most likely running with a girl dressed in all pink. :) I'd love to hear some random "GO KATE"s along the way. :D

I'll keep my eyes out for you! Enjoy the race!