Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Rainy day Wednesday randoms

2»

Re: Rainy day Wednesday randoms

• Mira, I'm going to be bossy for a minute.  Take it with the compassion intended, okay?

Order the crib!  Today.  Just a (gentle) kick in the pregnancy pants.  Everything else will happen when it needs to, but those cribs can take forever. 

GVSU: That's an expensive month for you guys.  Hope everyone stays healthy, and everthing stays dry.

Kasa, sorry about the grump. 

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • GVSU:  Sorry about all the expenses.  I swear when it rains it pours.  I hope this is the end of it for you guys.  As for your FIL's grass,  thats sucks.  My father dealt with something similar with my grandfather.  He eventually hired a company to do and split the bill up among the sibs and mailed it to them.  It bother my grandpa that a company was doing his grass, but he was too.. um. . frugal, and refused to cut it himself anymore since people were being paid to do it. 

btw: how are the girls doing in daycare now?

GRSP:  Sigh. . you call that bossy?  ;)  No I seriously need a kick in the pants.  ok ok ok. I am going to go hit purchase now.  Maybe.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • ChymesChymes member
    GVSU, long lists of expenses like that are a large part of what makes me nervous to own a house. I know not ALL of your costs were house related, but still. The thought that big-ticket items could go wrong at any time is not comforting.
  • image gvsubride05:

I think I'm going to put us on a spending freeze for June and July.  

We are in for a June spending freeze, too. So much keeps coming up, both necessity and fun stuff. Its just getting to be too much.

GRKaters - What color are you painting your living room?

I'm really looking forward to getting up to my parent's cottage this weekend. However I'm not looking forward to being in a bathing suit next to my 2 sisters and SIL who each look like Kelly Ripa.  Dreading this.

• image Hoektastic:
    image gvsubride05:

We are in for a June spending freeze, too. So much keeps coming up, both necessity and fun stuff. Its just getting to be too much.

I'm really looking forward to getting up to my parent's cottage this weekend. However I'm not looking forward to being in a bathing suit next to my 2 sisters and SIL who each look like Kelly Ripa.  Dreading this.

Oh, undernourished and waif-like? I'm sure you'll look fine!

The LR is going from cream with dark blue accent walls to light brown all around!

• Hoek: maybe you'll get a few more weeks before busting out the bathing suit.  Weather for up north will be in the 60's mostly.  I need another 10 degrees before getting in the water.  Have fun!

Mira, what?  You calling a bossiness throwdown?  Fine, what's your phone number? ;)  You know, for real, if you need help from me and my 2 little bosses, we can come your way and help you get things done.  You're not too far from my parents, and I know you haven't had time to build up much of a network.  On the other hand, dude... get it in gear!  (Was that better?)

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • image GRKaters:
    image Hoektastic:
    image gvsubride05:

Oh, undernourished and waif-like? I'm sure you'll look fine!

The LR is going from cream with dark blue accent walls to light brown all around!

Exciting - I love freshly painted rooms!

I should have picked a different celeb!! Now that you mention it, Kelly Ripa is not accurate at all!! They are all healthy, thin, perfectly toned. I just need another month to feel comfortable. 

• Seriously??? Really....seriously????  I just went to go turn on the clothes dryer and it isn't starting. Are you freakin kidding me. Ughhh!!!! I don't even want to tell Brian this one.
  • image gvsubride05:
    Seriously??? Really....seriously????  I just went to go turn on the clothes dryer and it isn't starting. Are you freakin kidding me. Ughhh!!!! I don't even want to tell Brian this one.

Frick. Double Frick.

Fingers crossed that there is a simple explanation/solution to this.

• image Mira06:

GVSU:  Sorry about all the expenses.  I swear when it rains it pours.  I hope this is the end of it for you guys.  As for your FIL's grass,  thats sucks.  My father dealt with something similar with my grandfather.  He eventually hired a company to do and split the bill up among the sibs and mailed it to them.  It bother my grandpa that a company was doing his grass, but he was too.. um. . frugal, and refused to cut it himself anymore since people were being paid to do it. 

btw: how are the girls doing in daycare now?

GRSP:  Sigh. . you call that bossy?  ;)  No I seriously need a kick in the pants.  ok ok ok. I am going to go hit purchase now.  Maybe.  

We ended up hiring a snow plow 3 years ago. My ostrich husband (i.e. stick your head in the sand and ignore thing) kept putting it off talking to his parents and his siblings about it. Then his CW lost her father because he had a heart attack shoveling and then she lost her mother three days later. So I think that was  wake up call. TH was supposed to talk to his siblings about all chipping in and do that instead of exchanging Christmas presents, But he never did that. So when he told his parents we paid for the plow service, he was supposed to tell his dad to take it off his loan payment. TH had forgotten that he took a loan out years ago from his dad and when they were going over paperwork he saw the note listing the kids loans and remembered.  TH didn't say anything, so we paid for it all out of our pocket.

The girls are doing good. It is a little rough in the mornings at drop off, but hopefully in a few weeks it will get better.

• image gvsubride05:

So I called my 75 year old MIL around 11:30 to see if she could watch the girls. I had to listen to her talk for about 20 minutes, including how her and my 82 year old FIL worked for about  3 hours cutting the grass yesterday.  I finally got around to asking if she or SIL could babysit the girls. SIL is 42 years, unemployed and living at home (has only lived on her own for 1 year out of her life). MIL said she couldn't check with SIL because she was still sleeping (at 11:30 am).  Angry  If SIL has nothing better to do then sleep in to noon, then why can't she mow the Effing lawn.

I just called TH to *** about it. I told him that we need to set up a schedule between the three kids in town to mow the lawn. The only problem is that my FIL is so freakin stubborn that he wants to cut the grass as soon as it grows an inch, so he does it 2-3 time a week.  FIL has Parkinsons and has been told not to cut grass anymore. 

Man, if they lived close to me you could just hire SS to take care of the lawn. Tough situation made tougher when the other siblings don't help.  

• image gvsubride05:
    Seriously??? Really....seriously????  I just went to go turn on the clothes dryer and it isn't starting. Are you freakin kidding me. Ughhh!!!! I don't even want to tell Brian this one.

Sad