Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Monday Randoms

I need caffeine and it better kick in quick!

Re: Monday Randoms

• ChymesChymes member
    I spent most of yesterday participating in the GR lip dub filming. It was SO much fun! I can't wait to see the finished product (although I likely will wait to see it on YouTube rather than shelling out $5 to see it at Celebration Cinema on Wednesday). We are at the beginning with Bill Steffen Big Smile and then we ran around to try to get in other shots as well. It was a beautiful day for the filming!
  • image Chymes:
    I spent most of yesterday participating in the GR lip dub filming. It was SO much fun! I can't wait to see the finished product (although I likely will wait to see it on YouTube rather than shelling out $5 to see it at Celebration Cinema on Wednesday). We are at the beginning with Bill Steffen Big Smile and then we ran around to try to get in other shots as well. It was a beautiful day for the filming!

whats gr lip dub?

• Chymes, I'm glad you posted.  I'm living lip dub through you.  By the time my parents came with Willa, and left, it was 3:30, and past time.  Was there a pretty good sized crowd?

Willa 4.6.06 and Henry 10.18.08 Camp Sinki
  • Des&Mol, I don't know if you're on a computer today, but if you see this, I wanted to let you know you and your family are in my thoughts.

• ChymesChymes member
    image GRsweetpea:

Chymes, I'm glad you posted.  I'm living lip dub through you.  By the time my parents came with Willa, and left, it was 3:30, and past time.  Was there a pretty good sized crowd?

They're estimating about 3,000 - so, not a HUGE crowd and less than they would have liked. I'm guessing that having to reschedule from the 15th knocked quite a few people out and made the event lose its momentum a bit - but if it HAD been on the 15th I wouldn't have been able to be there, so I was happy. But the crowd grew larger as the afternoon went on. And plenty of people (us included) ran around to be in multiple shots, so the "crowds" in each shot are somewhat artificially enhanced. We did five full takes and were going to do six but they lost power to the main camera, so they called it done after the fifth one....which was about 2:30 p.m.

• And did you bring your own Steffen shirts, or were they passing them out?

Charity, google GR lip dub, you'll find it, I'm sure.

• Glad the Lip Dub went well - can't wait to see the finished product.  :-)

I took a really hard high stick to my face mask last night that rung my bell a bit - as the night wore on my jaw pain increased.  It's not as bad today, but I can't close or ope my mouth normally (my teeth don't line up like they used to) and it's difficult to chew.  I had ice cream for dinner last night as a consequence of this, so that's a plus.

• ChymesChymes member
    image GRsweetpea:

And did you bring your own Steffen shirts, or were they passing them out?

Bill's daughter was there with him, and she had a box full of them for anyone in our shot who wanted one.

Funny story about the shirts: Apparently one of Bill's blog readers designed them on a whim and had 300 made and sent to the station, unsolicited. At first the station workers thought it was kind of creepy, but then when they wore them out and about they would have random people stop and ask how they could get one. So then the station made a bunch more and now the Steffens hand them out all the time.

• Juli - Ow, that sounds really painful.  Hope you heal quickly!

Chymes - I enjoyed your photos from the lip dub.  I thought about going, but decided to get some more work done around the house instead.  In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't go because I wouldn't have wanted to commit that much time to it.  Sounds like a neat experience though!  I'm looking forward to watching the finished product.

• image Chymes:
    Bill's daughter was there with him, and she had a box full of them for anyone in our shot who wanted one.

Funny story about the shirts: Apparently one of Bill's blog readers designed them on a whim and had 300 made and sent to the station, unsolicited. At first the station workers thought it was kind of creepy, but then when they wore them out and about they would have random people stop and ask how they could get one. So then the station made a bunch more and now the Steffens hand them out all the time.

What's on the t-shirts that would make them creepy?

I think the blog reader should design some Bill Steffen mustaches next.

• ChymesChymes member
    image MrsJuliD:
    image Chymes:

There's nothing inherently creepy about the shirts, they were just kind of weirded out that some random person took their own time and money to design a shirt promoting Bill/Storm Team 8, pay for 300 to be made and send them to the station without being asked. Strange.

The front says "I Read Bill's Blog" and the back is a huge image of Bill's face.

• image Chymes:
    image MrsJuliD:
    image Chymes:

There's nothing inherently creepy about the shirts, they were just kind of weirded out that some random person took their own time and money to design a shirt promoting Bill/Storm Team 8, pay for 300 to be made and send them to the station without being asked. Strange.

The front says "I Read Bill's Blog" and the back is a huge image of Bill's face.

I want a t-shirt. Hahaha. 

Great idea about the mustaches, JuliD.

• image Chymes:
    image MrsJuliD:
    image Chymes:

A waste of money?

• ChymesChymes member
    image MrsJuliD:

I took a really hard high stick to my face mask last night that rung my bell a bit - as the night wore on my jaw pain increased.  It's not as bad today, but I can't close or ope my mouth normally (my teeth don't line up like they used to) and it's difficult to chew.  I had ice cream for dinner last night as a consequence of this, so that's a plus.

Yikes Juli - this worries me! I hope the pain goes away and teeth alignment comes back - either on its own or with a little dentist help - soon...

• I've posted 2 times, and get an error message - any one else having nest problems?

Juli - OW!  I hope swelling goes down and you're reunited with your familiar bite.  It's really distracting to me when my bite feels different.

I'm imagining the receptionist at the station talking to the tshirt person the first time. "uh... we didn't order these..."  That would have been weird.  I really enjoy the fact that B.S. has a following. 

• Super Angry

I'm having technology problems today.

• image GRsweetpea:

I've posted 2 times, and get an error message - any one else having nest problems?

Not me.  But that would be par for the course as two other social media sites are currently causing my problems.

• So I requested a book fro the library called Administrative Assistant's Handbook. I thought it would be that big and just give some simple tips that would be helpful. So yeah, it is 563 pages and cover's abroad range of subjects. I'm kind of intimidated.