October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Too young for breast cancer..right?

It has been an emotional couple of weeks! A few months ago I found a hardness in one of my breasts. I went to the gyno and they said that it was a pulled muscle. Well it hasn't gone away so I went back to the gyno and she thought it was a cyst and sent me for an ultrasound. They couldn't find anything in the ultrasound (which I though was great news!) but then the doctor said:

"If it's breast cancer it wouldn't necessarily show up on the ultrasound"

GULP!

They send me in for a mammogram right after and that came back all clear. So no cancer, no cyst, but I still have the hard spot. My mind should be at ease but it's not!

Re: Too young for breast cancer..right?

• The first thing I say, you will hate: I'm not sure there's such a thing as "too young" for breast cancer.  With that, though, you probably should be at ease based on their findings.  If you're not 100% comfortable, ask if there's any other test she can order like an MRI or CT. 
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • I agree with munkii, I don't know if there is such a thing as to young but if they have done those tests and they are clear you should be just fine. But if it still makes you uneasy I would bring it up to your family dr. again.
    Photobucket
  • The doctor said it's like one in a thousand for a 25 year old but he didn't want me to be that one so that's why I got the mammogram. I do feel better...I've been to 3 doctors and they have all said not to worry.
  • What a scary thing!  I imagine I would be extremely freaked out and overly cautious if I was in your place as well.  But I I would also say after three doctors you're clear, but definitely keep an eye on things and go back if you're not feeling settled with your body! 
  • Yeah - sadly not too young for cancer and totally scary situation.  It sounds like you've covered your bases though and are on top of it all. I am crossing my fingers that things continue to be crossed off the possibility list until all you're left with is something totally benign and nothing to worry about.

• Unfortunately, you are not too young, but I think you've covered your bases.

My doctor found a lump in my breast a few years ago and it ended up being nothing as well. I had to go through the ultrasound/mammogram, too.  It definitely messes with your head a little!

• I'm way late on this, but I would just keep an eye on it and go back for a follow up just to make sure.  My mom had a lump last year and it turned out to be a cyst, she's all good.  It's scary as hell....