Hudson Valley Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Fashion Question

We are going to a wedding this weekend and DH has a navy blue suit he's wearing. Here's my issue what color shoes should he wear? Black or Brown? I say brown because I hate black and navy together. What do you ladies say?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Fashion Question

• Riss91Riss91 member
    Fifth Anniversary
    Brown!
    | cute shoes make me happy |
  • black - dh always wears black dress shoes with his navy suit and i never thought anything of it so it must look ok.
  • and i think black makes it dressier for a wedding.
  • ELF4321ELF4321 member
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    This is why I hate navy.  I would go with black because they don't stand out as much as brown, so it won't be as obvious and no one will notice his shoes at all.  Brown shoes with a navy suit will be very noticeable, imo. 

Always missing my Mommy (1954-2010) and Daddy (1943-2012)
    TTC since 2009 ; BFP 9/13/10 = MC 10/21/10
    DX = DOR/POA (AMH=1.1; AFC=4-5)
    Surprise BFP 8/31/11 while waiting to cycle for IVF
    Welcomed our little miracle 5/7/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd personally say brown. And B does the whole navy with black all the time and I hate it and he ignores me but overall its not the end of the world.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • image ELF4321:
    This is why I hate navy.

I KNOW! Ugh. MIL bought him this beautiful suit, but navy? Uggggh. 

I have an issue with navy blue and black together, serious issue, but I think I'm going to have to suck it up and deal. Ugh. I am on the hunt for a black suit now...

• Black. It will look better with the navy plus it looks dressier.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • FYI brown shoes can look just as dressy if they are nice dress shoes. I know B has a pair that I like way better than his black which he wore for our wedding but they are lace and he is a lazy as$ and prefers ones that can slip on so I'm looking for them cause I hate his lame excuse
  • image i3utaphly1:
    I know B has a pair that I like way better than his black which he wore for our wedding but they are lace and he is a lazy as$ and prefers ones that can slip on so I'm looking for them cause I hate his lame excuse

Bwahahahahahaa. I love B.

I found a really nice pair of Kenneth Cole brown shoes, I may just pick them up (although they are lace up as well, maybe he'll use B's excuse too because that sounds like DH as well)

• I must say I am also the type that doesn't think you can't wear black with blue or black with brown, etc. There are times it looks nice together. There is no rule that says you can't.
    Part of That World Blog
    my read shelf:Jennifer (JSweetieXO) Cepero's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Is it really that hard to tie and untie your shoes. I also just remembered they hav a bit of a heel and make a sound when he walks and he hates that too.
  • rblucyrblucy member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments Combo Breaker

I'm not a fan of navy and black in general, but I think to go with a suit it would be fine.  This is assuming he has black dress shoes and not brown??  I wouldn't buy new shoes just for this purpose. 

• image rblucy:

I'm not a fan of navy and black in general, but I think to go with a suit it would be fine.  This is assuming he has black dress shoes and not brown??  I wouldn't buy new shoes just for this purpose. 

He does have black shoes, but I feel like he should have brown ones regardless, yanno? Plus, he can wear them other times as well...we shall see what today/tomorrow brings lol.

• DH always wears black shoes.  BTW, its a Binghamton wedding so you guys will probably be the best dressed there. 
  • image Holler4dmb:
    DH always wears black shoes.  BTW, its a Binghamton wedding so you guys will probably be the best dressed there. 

Bwahahhaa. I said that exact same thing to DH when I told him to just wear nice dress slacks and shirt and tie lol. Have you ever been to the Treadway Inn? 

• image LPQueenie99:

image Holler4dmb:
    DH always wears black shoes.  BTW, its a Binghamton wedding so you guys will probably be the best dressed there. 

Bwahahhaa. I said that exact same thing to DH when I told him to just wear nice dress slacks and shirt and tie lol. Have you ever been to the Treadway Inn? 

Yes, my neighbor I grew up with got married there about 5 years ago.  A suit is too fancy for there.  Dress slacks, shirt and tie are fine.  "Cocktails" are cheese and crackers and fruit.  I can't remember what we had for dinner.  I am assuming they are getting married outside if the weather is good.  

• image Holler4dmb:
    image LPQueenie99:

image Holler4dmb:

Yes, my neighbor I grew up with got married there about 5 years ago.  A suit is too fancy for there.  Dress slacks, shirt and tie are fine.  "Cocktails" are cheese and crackers and fruit.  I can't remember what we had for dinner.  I am assuming they are getting married outside if the weather is good.  

Yeah it doesn't look too fancy there that's why I suggested what I did for him, but he's being difficult and obnoxious. 

• image LPQueenie99:
    image Holler4dmb:
    image LPQueenie99:

image Holler4dmb:

Yeah it doesn't look too fancy there that's why I suggested what I did for him, but he's being difficult and obnoxious. 

Well if you get hungry later there is a McDonald's right next door.  

• image Holler4dmb:
    image LPQueenie99:
    image Holler4dmb:
    image LPQueenie99:

image Holler4dmb:

Yes

The bride and groom suggested we stay there as well...umm yea NO THANKS. It looked icky.

• image LPQueenie99:
    image Holler4dmb:
    image LPQueenie99:
    image Holler4dmb:
    image LPQueenie99:

image Holler4dmb:

Yes

The bride and groom suggested we stay there as well...umm yea NO THANKS. It looked icky.

I wouldn't stay there either.  What hotel are you staying in?  

• Oh man I forgot the wedding was in Binghamton... He should wear 1 black 1 brown
  • image i3utaphly1:
    Oh man I forgot the wedding was in Binghamton... He should wear 1 black 1 brown

Ha!  And a camo tie.  

• image Holler4dmb:

image i3utaphly1:

Ha!  And a camo tie.  

LOL. Cammo Tie, classic. I'm hoping the bride wears a cammo dress!

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express, I'm pretty certain that's the only other one we could find that was decent close by. Ugh.

• image LPQueenie99:
    image Holler4dmb:

image i3utaphly1:

Ha!  And a camo tie.  

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Express, I'm pretty certain that's the only other one we could find that was decent close by. Ugh.

I am warning you now.  There is NOTHING in Owego.  

• image Holler4dmb:
    image LPQueenie99:
    image Holler4dmb:

image i3utaphly1:

Ha!  And a camo tie.  

I know lol. C went to Binghamton, so he knows what's what. We're going to the school tomorrow so he can go to the store or something, then we're going to maybe try to catch a baseball game? We are just looking forward to relaxing until Sat afternoon. 

• image LPQueenie99:
    image Holler4dmb:
    image LPQueenie99:
    image Holler4dmb:

image i3utaphly1:

Ha!  And a camo tie.  

I know lol. C went to Binghamton, so he knows what's what. We're going to the school tomorrow so he can go to the store or something, then we're going to maybe try to catch a baseball game? We are just looking forward to relaxing until Sat afternoon. 

You can get spiedies at the game!  I think there is a spiedie stand between 1st base and the outfield.  

• image Holler4dmb:
    image LPQueenie99:
    image Holler4dmb:
    image LPQueenie99:
    image Holler4dmb:

image i3utaphly1:

Ha!  And a camo tie.  

You can get spiedies at the game!  I think there is a spiedie stand between 1st base and the outfield.  

OMG C loves Spiedies, he always talks about them and SpiedieFest. 

• The shoes don't matter as much as wearing non-white socks. LOL
  • image MargieMags:
    The shoes don't matter as much as wearing non-white socks. LOL
    Very true, which is why I have hidden all if the white socks. Thank you for reminding me.