Dallas-Fort Worth Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Chit Chat Thursday

Re: Chit Chat Thursday

• image Summerof09:
    I'm not going to be able to make it to the G2G. :(. Sorry ladies.

I am deeply saddened by this news.  ;-(

• Edit: Accidentally posted twice.  

• image Summerof09:

Unacceptable.  :(

• Tiffany- I finally got myself some skittles! :-p
    Anniversary 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    ~TTC Buddies with akcrrr and amandaf6383~
    ~Knottie/Nestie Besties with *ecinereb* - Congratulations!~
    TTC since June 2011 dx: PCOS
    Clomid+IUI: Cancelled b/c didn't respond (June 2012)
    Femara+Trigger+IUI #1: BFN :-( (July 2013)
    Natural Cycle (8/7/13)- BFP!  Beta #1 (9/10/13): 509 Progesterone: 18.64  Beta #2 (9/12/13): 1118
    Baby N born 5/9/14
  • image juliebug1997:
    Do all these companies behave this way because they figure they have the upper hand due to the economy?  It reminds me of "9 to 5" a lot actually.

To your first post I agree with everyone else that it is unacceptable.  I dont think companies do it because they think they can get away with it but because they are misguided/ignorant.

My previous job we did mass lay offs a few times.  The first time was horrible.  Everyone was herded into a room and told all at once (while their managers were boxing up their belongings) and then handed their evelope with severence information on the way out. No one not even management was told about this in advance.  The whole thing for about 40 people took less than 20 min.  It was horrible but was done this way so that their wasnt this large time frame where everyone was wondering if they were safe.  The next time we did it was slightly better and the next was pretty smooth.

I am sure sometimes it is intentional but there was probably a reason behind it and then they didnt think about the downfalls to it.  I think anytime layoff or demotions happen its very hard to do it right.

• Sarah - Yay!  Skittles make every day better. :)
  • Taste the rainbow.
  • image serlace:
    Taste the rainbow.

I feel like advertising has gotten the best of me!  Everytime I see a product it makes me want to say their little phrase or sing their jingle!  And its bad that I remember so many of them!

Tiffany- I agree!  But there were too many green ones!  Yuck!

Anniversary 
    Natural Cycle (8/7/13)- BFP!  Beta #1 (9/10/13): 509 Progesterone: 18.64  Beta #2 (9/12/13): 1118
    Baby N born 5/9/14
  • Julie that is insane.  I think that should be a face-to-face conversation.

I'm sad that I'm missing the G2G too.  Definitely be at the next one...even if I have to drive to Dallas! :)

• When the company I work for had massive layoffs they did it American Idol style. They broke everybody into 2 groups and sent them into conference rooms. One room was safe and the other wasn't.
  • image sparklingdiamond:

image serlace:
    Taste the rainbow.

I feel like advertising has gotten the best of me!  Everytime I see a product it makes me want to say their little phrase or sing their jingle!  And its bad that I remember so many of them!

Tiffany- I agree!  But there were too many green ones!  Yuck!

I'm the same way.  I always remember all the little jingles.  I also hate the green ones.  Yuck.  I hate the green color of every candy. 

• I really want my hair to be curly and I REALLY need new clothes.  

I've been shopping at lunch the past few days and haven't found anything at all that I like.  Boo.

• image Tiffany618:

I really want my hair to be curly and I REALLY need new clothes.  

I've been shopping at lunch the past few days and haven't found anything at all that I like.  Boo.

I have always wanted curly hair!  But mine doesn't like to be curly :-(

Lacey- I usually don't like green or yellow candy!  If it's red, pink, or purple I usually love it!

Anniversary 
    Baby N born 5/9/14
  • image Tiffany618:

I really want my hair to be curly and I REALLY need new clothes.  

Meeeeee too!!  I'm in my "happily married and getting fat stage" and none of my clothes fit me.  My pants aren't even buttoned as I sit here at my desk!

• Tiffany - new clothes?  I love clothes.  Where have you been looking?

• image Summerof09:

I think this means you get to bring cake to the next parpy.

• image serlace:

Tiffany - new clothes?  I love clothes.  Where have you been looking?

I went to Grapevine Mills the last two days and looked mostly at NY&Co., Banana Republic, etc.

I think it's just that an hour isn't enough, especially for outlet shopping.  I'm indecisive too.   I need to go to the actual stores and there aren't any around here.    I have trouble finding time on evenings and weekends these days.  :(  If I hadn't committed to the G2G already I would be going shopping tomorrow.

Sarah - My hair doesn't like curl either.   At all.  

• image Tiffany618:
    image serlace:

I went to Grapevine Mills the last two days and looked mostly at NY&Co., Banana Republic, etc.

I think it's just that an hour isn't enough, especially for outlet shopping.  I'm indecisive too.   I need to go to the actual stores and there aren't any around here.    I have trouble finding time on evenings and weekends these days.  :(  If I hadn't committed to the G2G already I would be going shopping tomorrow.

I need new clothes but also need the extra money for clothes :-p

I had a spiral perm put in my hair once and my hair wouldn't hold that!  For it to stay curled I have to hair spray the crap out if it!

Anniversary 
    Baby N born 5/9/14
  • image Tiffany618:
    image serlace:

I'm down for a shopping G2G anytime!  :)

I have wavy-ish hair.  If I put mousse in it, it doesn't look too bad.  I do that on lazy days. 

• Shopping G2Gs sound fun! :-p
    Anniversary 
    Baby N born 5/9/14
  • Sorry girls :(. I will miss you.

I am totally down for a shopping G2G. I'm a pro shopper. Tiffany, I can help you shop :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My sweet coworker just brought me a frap from Starbucks.  The flavor is mocha coconut and it tastes just like an almond joy.  Pure heaven!!!!

I used to love shopping, but not so much anymore.  I agree with Tiffany.  I think it is just lack of time.  My lunch hour isn't long enough to accomplish anything and I feel like my weekend/night hours can be spent in better ways.  I have to shop this weekend for my vacation and I am hoping I don't strike out.

• I am also a very bad shopper.  I never know what looks good, etc.  But I actually did pretty good my last time out and got a ton of stuff--mostly at Express and Old Navy.

I agree there is no good way to fire someone.  Did any of you see Up in the Air?  That was George Clooney's job--to fly around the country firing total strangers.  They used actual people who had lost their jobs to play some of the people getting fired--it was a good movie.

• I am totally down for a shopping GTG, I love shoping and actually just spent a few hours shopping this last weekend and got 2 dresses, 2 skirts and a bunch of shirts and cardigans for spring.

Saramc that frap flavor sounds AMAZING!

• Summer - I totally need a professional shopper.
  • image bobbileighb:

I am totally down for a shopping GTG, I love shoping and actually just spent a few hours shopping this last weekend and got 2 dresses, 2 skirts and a bunch of shirts and cardigans for spring.

I love to shop too!  I would definitely find a way to attend a shopping GTG!  :~)  Shopping for me has been on the back burner because of the WR spending.  Now that that's over, I'm eager to shop!

• image melissaandjoel:
    When the company I work for had massive layoffs they did it American Idol style. They broke everybody into 2 groups and sent them into conference rooms. One room was safe and the other wasn't.

Completely inappropriate but this made me LOL.

Re: Shopping G2G - I hate shopping right now, nothing fits correctly. I am too big for some, too small for others. :(

Other than that, I have three random things I want to say:

1. I am finished with finals!!!!

2. I am making cake balls right now. Double chocolate cake with salted caramel frosting dipped in dark and milk chocolate. 

3. Today is a run day and I have to say I am pretty excited about it. 

[IMG]http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/lesalyric/15349_591037319564_25305541_34753593_3721279_n-1.jpg[/IMG]

TTC#1 since 1/2011

1/2012: Fertility workup including SA/HSG - no issues. DX: Unexplained

IUI#1 = BFN 7/2012

IUI#2 = BFN 8/2012

IVF#1 = BFP - ER 12/6, ET 12/11 - 20R, 15M, 14F - 2 transferred, 2 frozen

Betas: #1(9dp5dt)-50, #2(13dp5dt)-467, #3(16dp5dt)-839, #4(20dp5dt)-1825

Saw HB - 7w1d, missed m/c - 9w1d

PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Stephie - I loved that movie. 

Leslie - This is the second time you have made cake balls and not shared!  ;)

Sarah (sparkling)- that frappucino sounds like something you would like. 

• Leslie - are those for us, tomorrow? :)