Getting Pregnant
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

What are you OCD about?

I definitely have some OCD symptoms. However, I strongly believe that every person has a few things he/she is OCD about.  So, what are the things you are OCD about and what are the things your DH is OCD about?

I am always OCD about time.  I have to be on time or I will lose it. Also, if I feel something should take 20 minutes, then it needs to take 20 minutes.  LOL...I'm weird, I know. :)

My DH is really OCD about doing things on his own without help. If the car breaks, he has to fix it. If the computer has a virus, he needs to clear it. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary

Re: What are you OCD about?

• My hair.  It's curly and I straighten it but I can't deal seeing a kink or any frizz.  I go nuts when my hair stylist does it.  She's too nice to it and allows it to kink and I have to run home to fix it.
    "We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." ~ MLK, Jr. ?
    Referred to RE February 2011 : Me - PCOS, DH - 1% morph
    IVF with ICSI #1 ~ Long Lupron starting 06/26/11, stims 07/05/11, ER 07/14/11 - 19 eggs, 16 mature, 15 fertilized!
    07/19/11 - transferred two embies (5AA and 4AA), 7 frosties!
    Betas...07.27.11 ~ 11...07.30.11 ~ 41...08.01.11 ~ 84...08.03.11 ~ 221...08.05.11 ~ 579
    Adalyn Marie joined us on April 5, 2012!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Time!  I hate it when I'm late or friends are late.  I think it's really disrespectful.

DH is OCD about tons of things! For Example, the toliet lids and trashcans must be totally closed when not in use, shoes off in the house no exceptions, kitchen always clean, must always have fresh fruits and veggies in the house... the list goes on and on.

imageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Hahaha! Everything! My clothes hang in order by color, my shoes are lined up by style and color, the dishes go into the dishwasher in a certain order, the food has its place in the fridge... and this is only the beginning! DH is just as bad! Our books are on the shelves in alphabetical order, as are the CDs, albums, DVDs. Photos and nick-nacks have to be straight... wow. I may have a problem. LOL!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Surprise! The Sequel is due 12.8.14!

• About the only thing I am OCD about is the clothes hanging in my closet.   My shirts HAVE to be in color groups.  My H thinks it's funny to put a pink shirt in the white section to watch me flip out.

He says he's OCD about having a clean house, but I say he's not, cause he doesn't actually DO any cleaning.  It can't be that big of a deal. ;)

Baby Boy born 5.3.15

• dup
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Surprise! The Sequel is due 12.8.14!

• Several things I know, but the time thing is one. I get, like, anxiety if I think I might be late somewhere. I've gotten better though.

Also, I HATE odd numbers. Everything has to be even, like the volume on my stereo etc.

[IMG]http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii59/eevans1_photo/03b0b9ac-6a22-4c6e-9bad-dce89d908ded_zps32afd748.jpg[/IMG]
    TTC since May 2010
  • image sapphireb:

Several things I know, but the time thing is one. I get, like, anxiety if I think I might be late somewhere. I've gotten better though.

Also, I HATE odd numbers. Everything has to be even, like the volume on my stereo etc.

Same. Early is on time, on time is late. I can't hardly control my stress when I know I'm going to be cutting it close (this is why DH and I got into an argument on the way to the airport the other day, ack!)

• I used to be OCD, then I moved in with H. The man creates messes and chaos left and right. I've  learned to let it go or else I would go nuts trying to fix it all. Although, when I clean, I have to clean a certain way.  For instance, all the vacuum marks have to be parallel and the same length.
    *** Sisterwife with JenniferLuvsCandy! can't wait to meet your LO!***
    ***Congrats to Kristin15172004 on your adorable baby girl!***
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hmmm I can't think of anything I'm certainly OCD about, but when I go on a cleaning spree, stay out of my way!
  • image sapphireb:

Several things I know, but the time thing is one. I get, like, anxiety if I think I might be late somewhere. I've gotten better though.

Both of these & cooking-things have to be cut up a certain way (which is why DH is not always allowed to help).  I am a total control freak about EVERYTHING getting done at the exact same time & DH does not have this skill.  He doesn't care at all if main dish gets done 10 minutes before the side dish and vice versa.

In a small gang with my Nestie Besties! TTC buddies with Cinco & SBSP

March GP Siggy Challenge: GLTB Pride
    [IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/kdo6qh.jpg[/IMG]
  • I don't like when closets/drawers are left open. They must be closed. Weird, I know. 
    ?"All I want is what I have coming to me. All I want is my fair share."
    Visit The Nest! image
    Anniversary
    GP buddy to blenderdance
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • image LnA5909:
    I used to be OCD, then I moved in with H. The man creates messes and chaos left and right. I've  learned to let it go or else I would go nuts trying to fix it all. Although, when I clean, I have to clean a certain way.  For instance, all the vacuum marks have to be parallel and the same length.

I admire you.  I still say to myself every day "let it go, let it go."  But somehow I just can't.  I have to have things a certain way.  No dishes in the sink, they must go in the dishwasher a certain way the instant we are done eating.  Counters must be wiped down immediately.  Nothing on the counters, flat surfaces are meant to be seen, not for storage.  The list goes on and on.  Oh, and I am a total germaphobe and am not ashamed to admit my love for bleach wipes.

No Siggy

• image destination09:

image LnA5909:
    I used to be OCD, then I moved in with H. The man creates messes and chaos left and right. I've  learned to let it go or else I would go nuts trying to fix it all. Although, when I clean, I have to clean a certain way.  For instance, all the vacuum marks have to be parallel and the same length.

I admire you.  I still say to myself every day "let it go, let it go."  But somehow I just can't.  I have to have things a certain way.  No dishes in the sink, they must go in the dishwasher a certain way the instant we are done eating.  Counters must be wiped down immediately.  Nothing on the counters, flat surfaces are meant to be seen, not for storage.  The list goes on and on.  Oh, and I am a total germaphobe and am not ashamed to admit my love for bleach wipes.

HAH!  I am a germaphobe.  Bleach wipes and vinegar spray are my best friends.  I wipe things down daily. I have to clean the tub before getting in. It's just that things don't stay organized very long.  At least it's clean chaos, right?

• image destination09:

image LnA5909:

HAH!  I am a germaphobe.  Bleach wipes and vinegar spray are my best friends.  I wipe things down daily. I have to clean the tub before getting in. It's just that things don't stay organized very long.  At least it's clean chaos, right?

• Turning off lights when leaving the room, but that is less OCD and more about not wasting energy.  DH didn't grow up conserving energy and water and it drives me insane.  He turns on the shower while he's brushing his teeth! 
  • Umm...everything? It's pretty bad. I would say right now cleaning and having everything in it's right place is probably the worst & most time consuming. If I happen to see anything dirty or smudged, I have to stop what I am doing and clean it up. Otherwise I will continue to think about it until I clean it up.

I've have had issue I've gotten over, thought. When I was a kid I would get mad at my mom if she folded my socks the wrong way. I also used to freak out if my gas tank was ever less than half full. The rising gas prices kind of took care of that one for me... 

Crazy Cat Lady in Training Est. 1983
    TTC 10/2010
    BFP 8/24/11; EDD 5/4/12; M/C 9/14/11
    BFP 6/10/12; EDD 2/21/13; CP 6/21/12
  • I am OCD about organization.  I will happily spend an entire day organizing and possibly cleaning while doing it.
    Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

image image
    PAIF and SAIF welcome. IVF questions welcome, too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest