October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

32 years old and in a piano recital!

One of my very dear friends teaches piano lessons to 20 or so adorable children.  She has two piano recitals a year and I've been on hand to help with quite a few of them since she started up her business.  I took piano lessons from age 5 until 17 so this year, my friend asked me to play a duet with her at the recital and I let her talk me into it.  Stick out tongue 

It happened kinda late in the game so I only had 3 weeks to learn the piece and today is the big day.  I'm actually kinda nervous!  I haven't played in front of people other than family in that entire time and to be honest, the last piano recital I was in, I forgot the last chord so after giving a few guesses, I simply smiled, stood up, and curtsied (while turning bright red) and went back to my seat.  At least this time I have music.  lol. 

Re: 32 years old and in a piano recital!