Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

So, I'm definitely not racing today. I feel like an addict.

My ankle started hurting more last night. I know not running is definitely the right thing to do, but it's not easy! The only redeeming part is that I get to watch friends run- two of whom just finished C25k! The other redeeming part of the morning is that I've lost 5 lbs this week! WTF? Yes, I've been counting calories, but I've stayed well within my range and not even gone close to what is listed as my minimum calorie count on Sparkpeople.

Time to stop moping around and start getting ready. I may write up a race report for my friends later today and for DD1 for her first bike race!

Re: So, I'm definitely not racing today. I feel like an addict.

• You're doing the right thing. Better to take a little time off now, instead of having to take a lot of time off for not listening to your body. Have fun cheering on your friends. That will be fun too!
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/24b6p9h.jpg[/IMG]
  • I completely feel your pain.  I'm not running for the next 4-6 days (at least).  I know it is the right thing to do.  I know that I could hurt myself further if I run.  But it is perrrrrfect long run weather today and I am itching to do my 12 mile run.  I am so sad.
    image image
    BFP 5/2/11, missed m/c, D&C 6/13/11
    BFP 12/8/11--Little Girl E Born 8/22/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • It's soooooo hard, but it's the right thing to do.  I'm dealing with the same thing right now -- next week is my favorite race and the nation's largest half marathon.  It's on the news all morning.  But I can't do it this year because of my hip issues.  I mean, I *could* do it, but I probably wouldn't be able to walk for a week if I did.  I'm focusing on the big picture -- marathon training (my first!) that starts mid-June.  Must be healthy and ready to go for that!

Just page me anytime you need commiseration.  It sucks and it's so hard.

#PerfectStrangers

2012 Races:
    1/28 - Planet Adventure night trail 1/4-marathon - 1:25:47
    3/24 - Sam Costa half marathon - 2:02:47
    4/14 - Hoosier 10 miler - 1:25:21 (8:32) PR!
    7/8 - XTERRA Freedom Fest Hawaii 10K
    9/1 - Indianapolis Women's Half Marathon
    10/20 - Indianapolis Marathon Relay
    11/4 - Monumental Marathon (full marathon #2)
    11/22 - Drumstick Dash 4.5mi
  • I feel you, but definitely listen to your body! I didn't and now am out for the half in October - yeah, no running til then. I'm sure you'd rather take a week off than 6 months. Hopefully your ankle feels better soon!
  • You're definitely doing the right thing by taking care of yourself (even though it makes you feel sad today)!

Add me to the list of people who've been there -  I had to sit out of my favorite 1/2 last fall because of a foot injury.  I pouted about it for days.  Luckily, I was fortunate enough to have a friend tell me to "suck it up, cupcake!" and then drag me to the course on race day.  We had a great time cheering on all the runners!!

You'll be back on the streets in no time! ;)