Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Frusterated vent....

So awhile back I posted about possibly stepping down from my position and taking and overnight position. Well an opportunity has arised which would be perfect. It's Sun 5p-9a and Mon/Tues 9p-9a. 3 overnights. That kind of position doesn't usually happen at this company. Most of the overnight are 55 hour weeks and you have to do 5 overnights. So this is a great opportunity. But the downfall is I would have to work until 9a M/T/W and H has to be to work by 830. If I could get off at 8, that would be fine but that's not an option. So really it's ONE hour that is keeping me from this. I would have family help but there is no one that would be available at that time. I am so frusterated cause I really want this position but it seems that I have no options. I don't even think it's possible to find a daycare that would take him for about an hour, especially w/o charging me a ton.  I am so miserable at work and lately have been working long days and it sucks. Yeah it could get better but honestly my heart and head want to be home with S more. And I am kinda done being on call 24/7 especially with S.

Ugh....I wish I had more options. :( 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Frusterated vent....

• What about a college kid or some type of part time nanny or find a mom in your area that would be around for an hour.

Try enannysource.com or nannies4hire.com

I really bet you could find something.

Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09
  • Is there a SAHM in the neighborhood? I have a co-worker that watches a little girl 4 hrs 2 days a week for like a similar related thing. Its not like its every day all day and its alittle extra money for someone. A friend? Or someone that works evenings that may want alittle extra money?

• I would maybe try a local college or just ask around through friends and see if there is someone of that age to come over. You could maybe even find someone to stay all morning so you can sleep a little.
  • I would def. look into a home daycare or one that would take him really PT because you figure if DH has to be at work at 8:30 chances are he would need to drop him off by 8, then if you got off at 9, it might be 9:30 before you get him, but when are you going to sleep?  If I were you I'd have him in DC M/T/W until at least 3:00 so you can sleep!
  • I should add I would be able to sleep most of the night till about 5a. There might be times I would have to get up but for the most part I can sleep.
  • who wouldnt love a little guy for an hour three days a week..i totally would..
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • image OxAMYxO:
    who wouldnt love a little guy for an hour three days a week..i totally would..

ditto. If my schedule started later, I would totally do it. Especially since we live in the same neighborhood.

TheHaganDirt
    Married: 07.02.05
    Rilyn: 10.19.05
    Xavier: 09.21.11
  • Is he in daycare now?  I think you should try and find someone to watch him from 8 - 10 then if you can sleep at night.  Gives you some time to get out the door at work and maybe run an errand or two!  :)  I'm sure that is doable.  Good Luck!
  • What area are you/your jobs in?  I know a couple people who do childcare who may be interested in a very part-time schedule.
  • We live off the Irvington exit and H works out by 156 and Maple. My step sister currently comes to take care of him now but its not going to keep working and she wouldn't be an option. I will have to check Into those websites though. I just don't know what to deo..and I realized I've been spelling frustrated wrong!
  • image cats3_98:
    We live off the Irvington exit and H works out by 156 and Maple. My step sister currently comes to take care of him now but its not going to keep working and she wouldn't be an option. I will have to check Into those websites though. I just don't know what to deo..and I realized I've been spelling frustrated wrong!

How did I not know that you live in my neighborhood??????

I might be interested. PM with all the details and maybe we can chat. If you are interested.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • image SuperCuteBenz:

image cats3_98:
    We live off the Irvington exit and H works out by 156 and Maple. My step sister currently comes to take care of him now but its not going to keep working and she wouldn't be an option. I will have to check Into those websites though. I just don't know what to deo..and I realized I've been spelling frustrated wrong!

I might be interested. PM with all the details and maybe we can chat. If you are interested.

SCB, we're in Glenmoor.  And Cats, I can definitely help you out until the end of August when J starts preschool 5 days a week and has to be there by 8:45.  Otherwise, I am up every day by 7 and we don't go anywhere until at least 9:30 or 10.  PM if you want to =)

• image am073104:
    image SuperCuteBenz:

image cats3_98:

SCB, we're in Glenmoor.  And Cats, I can definitely help you out until the end of August when J starts preschool 5 days a week and has to be there by 8:45.  Otherwise, I am up every day by 7 and we don't go anywhere until at least 9:30 or 10.  PM if you want to =)

Oh. See thats not off of Irvington to me. I would say Sorenson. Stick out tongue

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Man, I would totally do it if you lived closer. Its only an hour or so. Rats! owen is up at 630 anyway.

Bummer.

• You ladies are so sweet.  :) H and I are still in the "discussion" part of figuring this out but I will definately be PMing you when we hash it all out!