Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ring or diamond upgrade?

Have you?

Would you?

Why or why not?

We are done having kids so there will be no more baby related expenses in our house and while I love my wedding rings I would love it even more with a 2 ct round diamond. Judge all you want...I really don't care and can take it.

Re: Ring or diamond upgrade?

• I have not, but HELLZ YEAH I would! 

I will say, though, if I could do it all over again, I'd probably just get a badass rock (in an equally badass setting), not necessarily a diamond. 

• I think you should get diamond tipped tribal spikes through your ears.

• If that's what you want, go for it.  I would/have not.  My diamond is big enough for me and my bands are already loaded with bling. We went all out in the beginning.  Smile Now if only I could get the darn thing back on my finger.
  • I love my ring and its over 1 ct so am fine with the size. If I ever got a new one I would still keep the original. That would only be if DH won the lottery or something. I wouldn't just use extra money to do it.

• I have not and would not, but my ring is teeny tiny and super simple and that's exactly what I wanted.

I totally think you should upgrade though, just because!

• DO IT!  My ring is just over a carat now, and I would love to have a bigger one someday.  I say the same thing to people..judge all you want, but I figure I'm the one who will wear it my whole life!
  • I wouldn't, for me.  I like simple.  BUT, do I think you should?!  HECK YES!!! DOOOO IT!  You deserve it, J!
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/izn4lw.jpg[/IMG]

**Crunchy Mama to three girlies and one little guy**

*P 9.2005 * B 11.2007 * M 6.2009 * J 11.2011*
  • image CoriA:

Have you?

Would you?

Why or why not?

We are done having kids so there will be no more baby related expenses in our house and while I love my wedding rings I would love it even more with a 2 ct round diamond. Judge all you want...I really don't care and can take it.

If you want a bigger stone...you can afford it... and you don't care what people think then do it already!!!!  Why are you questioning it?? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If it were me, I would not as I feel that is something special and I dont want to change it. Besides that is a lot of trips I could take!! =)

BUT that's me.... I'd take traveling over a new diamond anyday!

Do what ya want and don't let anyone stop ya!!

Married 5/14/07 Momma to two amazing boys 6/20/08 & 11/20/09
  • I wouldn't, but only because I'm super sentimental.  But, I say if it's something you want, to do it! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh if/when I decide that I really do want to upgrade, I will. My H tells me to do whatever I want and we can afford it. I don't have a small stone by any means, but I do have VERY large hands...a 1+ct looks large on some people. I am not one of those people.

I guess I'm just wondering what other people would do. There a quite a few judgy judgertones IRL that think (and have said) that I'm a complete materialistic hosebag for even thinking about it.

• I would and likely will at some point.  I get that some are super sentimental about rings, but my diamond has already been replaced due to a chip, so it's not even my original diamond.  We've looked in the past, so at some point i will do it.  And get new boobs.  No judgement here!  :)
  • image CoriA:

Oh if/when I decide that I really do want to upgrade, I will. My H tells me to do whatever I want and we can afford it. I don't have a small stone by any means, but I do have VERY large hands...a 1+ct looks large on some people. I am not one of those people.

I guess I'm just wondering what other people would do. There a quite a few judgy judgertones IRL that think (and have said) that I'm a complete materialistic hosebag for even thinking about it.

Materialistic hosebag? No...  Lover of broken hot dawgs, maybe ;)

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/izn4lw.jpg[/IMG]

**Crunchy Mama to three girlies and one little guy**

*P 9.2005 * B 11.2007 * M 6.2009 * J 11.2011*
  • I am getting new boobs when I'm done having kids.  You get your ring and/or diamond. No judgy t. judgington from me!
  • R - maybe? That would be hellz yea! My broken hawt dawg looked like a pen!s :)
  • Have I?  Yes.  In fact, my wedding gift from my hubby was a larger stone for my ring -- kept the same setting, though because I love it.  And, for our 5th anniversary, he got me another upgrade.  So, judge all you want, I like jewelry!  :)

Will I?  Maybe again someday...I don't look at the actual diamond as sentimental...for me, it's about the setting/ring itself.  But, I don't know that I could go much bigger in my setting without it looking "off" -- so who knows, down the road, maybe we'll change the whole thing out.  I'm a "chip off the old block" -- my mom's had several new rings throughout time, so for me, it's not really about being sentimental... 

You won't get a judgy comment from me!!  :)  GO FOR IT!

Stefanie
    Happily Married Since 11.29.02
    Brayden Kenneth born 3.27.06
    Blaire Kay born 7.10.10

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I'm on the fence myself but I say do it! :) I am sentimental, so if I did get an upgrade I would just get the center one larger. :) Have fun picking one out!

As for PP, I will also be getting newer/smaller/higher up boobs when I have/finish having kids. :)

• No

Thought about it

Not sure yet 

• Didn't you already upgrade from the first one he got you? Wink I wouldn't consider it because its important to me that DH picked it out. Plus, I love my rings and think its perfect.

[url="http://crosscountrysquared.blogspot.com/"] My blog[/url]
  • I say go for it, you deserve it! I won't be judgy at all, jealous maybe, but not judgy one bit. Only if I can try it on when you get it :)

I'm not sure what I would do. I'm not really sentimental but maybe it's the mood i'm in tonight that looking at my ring, I have no desire to have a bigger diamond. It's gotta be the mood though because seriously, what girl doesn't want a bigger piece of bling on her finger?! I think if I went bigger than the 1 karat I already have, it would start to cover up the rest of the diamonds in the setting though. oh well :)

Holly
  • I haven't but would if money weren't an object.  My ring is not at all a typical engagment ring and that's why I liked it originally. I still do like it but now I kind of wish we had gone with a simple, larger, one stone ring that truly looks like an e-ring. 
  • I love big diamond rings on people. When we have customers that come older ladies that have like 4+car. I just lust over it....

My ring has a band of diamonds running under it, and while I loved the ring and picked it out I wish I would have gone simple. I think if I do anything in the future it will be to down grade into a simple gold band, no diamonds maybe just cuts into the gold. With the career I'm going into now I'll probably never wear my rings, in fact I haven't all week. My main diamond is only 1/2, but the whole ring and band is 1 1/2, if I do get a bigger diamond it will have to be set into the band so it's all flush.

Do it!!!

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you.
  • My co-leader of a youth group I did awhile back had her DH surprise her on their 20th anniversary with a HUGE diamond ring for their anni.  That thing can blind a person. LOL!  They got married in college so she never really had anything but a nice gold band, and she has no problem sporting that thing on her ring finger and either would I.  LOL!

I don't think I would (or even could) do anything to my current ring as far as changing anything about it, but if DH say wanted to buy me a nice rock of a ring for our anniversary I'd have no problem putting my wedding ring away some place safe and wearing that bad boy around.  :)

• image Haven1:
    Didn't you already upgrade from the first one he got you? Wink I wouldn't consider it because its important to me that DH picked it out. Plus, I love my rings and think its perfect.

This exactly...it is the ring we were engaged with, & then married with..I won't upgrade, but that's just me.

My Night Shift BFP Chart

[url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • After reading your responses I think that I might want new boobs before a new rock. HA!! Big Smile

Niki - I guess technically I have upgraded once already...BUT...I only had the other ring for a month. It wasn't a size issue it was the cut. I really REALLY didn't like the cut of that diamond and DH knew it the minute I looked at it. He already knew that it was no problem to take it back since he really didn't know what I wanted. I had it for a month while they few in a bunch of loose stones for us to look at.