Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

**karimychel

I totally forgot that you used to live in Anchorage! 

DH and I have been invited to a wedding in Alaska in July, and we're thinking of going.  I thought our friend lived in Anchorage, but the wedding invite says Hudson.  Any idea if that's close to Anchorage?  (I realize I could just ask our friend, but he's not always great about responding to messages. Smile)

~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
Our Blog!
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: **karimychel

• By Hudson, I'm assuming it's Houston, Alaska. It's about an hour north of Anchorage and a super small quirky town. My dad owns a cabin 20 minutes north of there.

If you go, you'd have to fly into Anchorage and rent a car or get a ride. There's only a few hotels out in the Houston/Big Lake/Willow area. There are other "nicer" hotels in Wasilla which is about 15 minutes south of Houston, but you definitly won't be finding any Sheratons/Four Season type hotels!

I for one LOVE going up there, you're far enough out of the city, but so close to things! But if you plan to turn it into a vacation, I would plan to head back to Anchorage after the wedding, or head north to Denali National Park. There isn't more than a few mom and pop shops and a gas station in Houston!

I'm here if you have any other questions Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Houston....Hudson....at least you knew what I meant.  :)  That's what I get for not double-checking my invite before posting.  :)

Thanks for the info!  I'll definitely let DH know.  My guess is that the fact that it's a small town will pique his interest even more....especially knowing that it's closer to Denali than Anchorage is!

~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Denali will be about 3 hours north of Houston, but it's a gorgeous drive. Whitewater rafting out out of Denali is a blast. I mean, don't get me wrong, Anchorage has nice places, but if you want to experience a little more of "real" Alaska you have to get out of the city.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic