October 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

"The Office" watchers...

Is anyone as sad as I am that tonight is Michael Scott's (Steve Carell) last episode?  Whenever I see the previews I get all sad so I just know I am going to cry tonight lol. 

Do you all think the show will last without him?  How do you feel about Will Ferrell being the new boss? 

TTC since March 2012 w/irregular and anovulatory cycles.  
Moved to an RE October 2013  HSG- All clear , S/A- Normal , Bloodwork -Normal
Uterine polyp found-  Hysteroscopy and D&C 12/6/13  DX w/complex endometrial hyperplasia
Endometrial Biopsy 3/21/14 - Hyperplasia still present  Endometrial Biopsy #2 6/24/14 - All clear!
IUI #1  w/stims and trigger - Started stims 7/7/14 - IUI 7/24/14 = BFP 8/7/14
Beta #1 8/8 - 47  Beta#2 -137  Beta#3 - 96 Beta#4 -287 Beta#5 -519 Beta#6 121 = early miscarriage 5w4d
Nestie Besties with Nfp147 

Re: "The Office" watchers...

• I must admit that I haven't seen the past couple/few seasons, but I used to watch every week. 

Steve Carrell always kind of got on my nerves (which I know he's supposed to, but I felt like it was often overdone), but he played the part really well.

I used to love Will Farrell, but for the past several years, everything he's been in has been totally over the top and annoying to me, too.  I'll have to see how they design his character before I say for sure, but I don't know that I will enjoy him being on the show.

Really, I watch it for Jim, Pam, and Dwight.  Everyone else bugs me.

Photobucket
    Megan & Chris
  • I think they should have ended this show this season. But if Will Arnett is the new boss, I'm ok with at least one more. I love him.  Ferrell's only got 2 more episodes, thank god. I really, really dislike him.

And I will totally get cry tonight, I know it. When they sang to him last week, I got all teary-eyed.  When this show was great, it was really something, and Steve Carell deserves most of the credit for that.

Erica & Alan
    October 1, 2010

[IMG]http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l587/mokey75/IMG_0222-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • It's definitely going to be hard to watch.I loved the song they sang to him last week and his tears looked completely genuine. I hope they're able to send him off in the right way.

I'm not sure that will ferrell is going to be the new boss though? I heard there were other people that may end up playing the role - and I'm glad, I can't stand his character - he's like flat out mean and not funny. I haven't liked where the show has been heading with some of the best characters to be honest. Something seems to be up with Jim and Pam - like they're unhappy or something. I always loved Creed too but he's just not funny or random enough anymore. and Dwight is just mean and vindictive. I don't like the overall negativity in the show anymore. I really hope it changes.

• image MC22:

Steve Carrell always kind of got on my nerves (which I know he's supposed to, but I felt like it was often overdone), but he played the part really well.

I used to love Will Farrell, but for the past several years, everything he's been in has been totally over the top and annoying to me, too. 

During the first episode WF was in, I realize just how similar his schtick is to Steve Carell's. And it made me realize just how superior I find SC as an actor, because I always want to punch WF in the face.  Even back in his SNL days.  

Erica & Alan
    October 1, 2010

• It's going to be very sad.  I love the Office and I love Carrell's character.  I'm not sure Will Ferrell is a good fit, but I don't think he's supposed to stay.

My prediction is that the show will only last one more season without SC.

Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm 
    February 2013: IUI #1 = BFN 
    October 2013: We made the decision to stop TTC and live without children.

Nestie Besties with Xan921 
  • Well good, I am glad to hear Will Ferrell wont be on there much longer.  Like many of you, I cannot stand him; I refuse to even watch his movies (except for Stepbrothers...love that movie!).  I had heard he was only on there for a couple episodes but then I hadn't heard anything else about another boss so I got confused.  I honestly think they should have ended it after this season because I feel like it was such a strong show and it's slowly fading, and now without SC, I think it'll just turn horrible and end on a bad note. 

I also teared up during the song last week and the previews of Jim telling Michael he was the best boss and them both with tears in their eyes, omg, I'm going to lose it lol.

TTC since March 2012 w/irregular and anovulatory cycles.  
    Moved to an RE October 2013  HSG- All clear , S/A- Normal , Bloodwork -Normal
    Uterine polyp found-  Hysteroscopy and D&C 12/6/13  DX w/complex endometrial hyperplasia
    Endometrial Biopsy 3/21/14 - Hyperplasia still present  Endometrial Biopsy #2 6/24/14 - All clear!
    IUI #1  w/stims and trigger - Started stims 7/7/14 - IUI 7/24/14 = BFP 8/7/14
    Beta #1 8/8 - 47  Beta#2 -137  Beta#3 - 96 Beta#4 -287 Beta#5 -519 Beta#6 121 = early miscarriage 5w4d
    Nestie Besties with Nfp147 
  • Every time I see a commercial I go NOOOOOO!! And whine like a baby.

I will still watch it, but it won't be nearly as good.

Though as long as they don't try to replicate his character, it shouldn't be too bad...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love Will Ferrell, but I hate him on this show.  I agree that he is mean and seems seriously psychotic.  I think that bringing him onto the show was a "jump the shark" moment, even if he doesn't stay.  These last couple of episodes have been painful.  I am sad to see Michael leave.  I don't think the dynamics of the show will be nearly as good without him.  It used to be so funny, but I don't think I've laughed at all these past couple of episodes.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I need to watch the ep again, because I was making wreaths when it was on, so I know I probably missed a lot.  But on my first viewing, I thought it was an awful episode.  I hope it's better the 2nd watch.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • image TishaPayne:
    I need to watch the ep again, because I was making wreaths when it was on, so I know I probably missed a lot.  But on my first viewing, I thought it was an awful episode.  I hope it's better the 2nd watch.

I don't know if it will be a better second watch.  Someone asked my opinion of the episode and my response was "Meh..."  The last few episodes have been very unfunny.

And I agree with all above....thank god the Will Ferrell thing isn't for much longer.  That is NOT working out.

• I thought it was pretty well done, actually. Though I am still trying to figure out where Pam bought a ticket to that got her through the security gate.  I loved that Michael's last words on-camera were, "that's what she said."  And I thought the individual good-byes were really sweet.  The letter for Dwight, lunch "tomorrow" with Jim, Pam at the airport. Oh! And the doll for Oscar- I died. That was so effing funny.

It wasn't a laugh-out-loud episode (aside from the doll), but I thought it was a fitting send-off.  And I love that we are one step closer to getting rid of Will Ferrell.

Erica & Alan
    October 1, 2010

• image ead1975:

Though I am still trying to figure out where Pam bought a ticket to that got her through the security gate. 

I thought the exact same thing!

• TisharpTisharp member
    image christieep:

image TishaPayne:
    I need to watch the ep again, because I was making wreaths when it was on, so I know I probably missed a lot.  But on my first viewing, I thought it was an awful episode.  I hope it's better the 2nd watch.

I don't know if it will be a better second watch.  Someone asked my opinion of the episode and my response was "Meh..."  The last few episodes have been very unfunny.

And I agree with all above....thank god the Will Ferrell thing isn't for much longer.  That is NOT working out.

But, I've really enjoyed the past few episodes, and have SUPER enjoyed Will Ferrell, so I think that's why I def need to watch again.  I think I'll do that on my lunch break today.

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker