September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected].

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

14hrs, 37min, 41.2390813240 sec

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of the Royal Wedding obsession?  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see Kate's dress and hair and that type of stuff.  But I just don't get the "ZOMG have to wake up at 2:48am to start watching coverage or will die" hysteria.  Are you Royal Wedding Obsessed?
Vacation

Vacation

Re: 14hrs, 37min, 41.2390813240 sec

• I heard that American's are more tired of hearing about the wedding than the Brits (because the media coverage here is insane).  Then I heard another report that said the opposite - so who knows.

I am tired of it.  They kept postponing the weather report on the local news this morning for stories about the wedding.  I just wanted to know when the rain was going to start!

That being said, I will be DVR'ing it so I can fast forward thru anything I don't care about.  Does anyone have any idea what channel I should record?

My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • image sunshine_day_dreams:
    Is anyone else getting sick and tired of the Royal Wedding obsession?  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see Kate's dress and hair and that type of stuff.  But I just don't get the "ZOMG have to wake up at 2:48am to start watching coverage or will die" hysteria.  Are you Royal Wedding Obsessed?

Yes I am.  And I have to get up at 12:48 in my time zone if I want to see pre-wedding stuff.  Possibly taking Friday off work completely.  Reading articles right now on how to strategize the lack of sleep.  Call me crazy.  I don't care.

My name is Misty and I'm obsessed w/ the Royal Wedding.

• i'm with misty.  im pretty obsessed (not to the point of getting up early or anything, but to the point of tivoing it)

i just remember how excited/nervous/anxious i was at this time before my wedding.  and now i try to multiply it times 1 million.   i am so happy for the couple, plus i want to see her dress.

and yes, as a matter of fact i DID dream about the royal wedding all.night. last night.  no joke.  all night. 

• I'm interested in stuff, but nothing that I will have to wake up at an ungodly hour to see. I'll probably watch it at some later time and check out pics of her dress/hair/etc when I get to work tomorrow.

I wish we had royalty.

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • I will google dress pictures that is all. The rest makes me want to bash my head against a wall.
  • I read an article that said something like 50% of Brits couldn't care less about the Royal Wedding, which I thought was interesting.

I want to see pictures when it's over.  If it was on at a more convenient time I would likely flip back and forth between that and something else (like I do with award shows) but it's not worth recording for me.  If I knew someone who was throwing a big party (and lived closer to me than Stephanie) I might attend just for the fun factor, not to watch the wedding.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OMG, I can't wait for it.......TO BE OVER!!  Yeah, congrats on getting married, but I don't need to hear about all the details, who was invited/not invited, the vows, blah, blah, blah!  And I keep hearing that this is the wedding of the century.  Wasn't that what they said about Princess Di and charles wedding?!?!?!  Ugh, enough already. Let them get married in peace and let's move on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image thatjessie:
    I will google dress pictures that is all. The rest makes me want to bash my head against a wall.

Yep, that. I have no interest in the royal wedding at all. 

• I recorded it on DVR and will watch it in the next couple of days after, but thats as far as I am going.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • I'm thinking about DVRing it and watching at a later time but I'll probably just look at the pictures. I will not be getting up early and am frankly tired of hearing about all the comparisons of this wedding to Princess Diana's wedding and whatnot. I want news not that.

/rant

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I <3 weddings so of course I am interested.  I won't watch any of the pre-wedding shows, scandals, etc.  I'll record it on DVR and watch it over the weekend if I have time.  I do want to see what her dress will look like.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • I wouldn't call myself obsessed - I'm getting a little sick of the round the clock coverage of every little detail.  WAY overkill.  I do want to watch it though - especially to see her hair, flowers, and dress - and since I will most likely be taking the day off tomorrow now to be home with my mom I think I may as well get up early to watch (coverage on the East Coast starts at 4AM as far as I know....)
    "Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • Could care less. I will probably also google her dress (or I'm sure it will be front headline on every site). I'm sure the Soup will have something on it so that will be my coverage.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary

image thatjessie:
    I will google dress pictures that is all. The rest makes me want to bash my head against a wall.

Totally this!

• image thatjessie:

Glad to see I'm not the only one. :-)  I'm just really getting irritated with the news covering this as their top story every morning, noon and night.  FFS, people, I live in Washington DC.  I know there are other local murders and scandal that should be headlines, not this!

Vacation

Vacation