Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

When i grow up

I think i want to be a carpenter.  This grad school stuff was just a hobby.

... it's irrelevant that i'm clumsy and lack patience when working with directions/tools/measurements. 

EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)

Re: When i grow up

• (aka, i don't want to write my thesis... and if this was just an idle adventure in academia, then i don't have to, right?)
  • my h tells me that when i "grow up", i should become a professional-puppy-petter. it'd be the only job i truly enjoy. i need to find somebody who will pay me for this.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • The title of this post made me think of the PCD song Embarrassed

I also sometimes think that I could be perfectly happy making cards or shopping (which I skipped work to do on Monday... Surprise) all day instead of grad school...

• Sometimes I think about "when I grow up" and realize that I am 38 and should probably feel like a grown up by now! I don't though, even though I am responsible, have a job, own 2 cars and a home...
  • I feel like I should own my own contracting business sometime. I am really good at organizing things, meeting budgets, customer service, and deadlines. I really like the challenge of going into a male dominated industry too.
    image image image
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • image karebear219:
    I feel like I should own my own contracting business sometime. I am really good at organizing things, meeting budgets, customer service, and deadlines. I really like the challenge of going into a male dominated industry too.

i don't know the details of it, but a friend of mine did a construction management degree at UW. she said there were 4 girls in the graduating class, and all 4 of them had jobs lined up years before graduation....last i heard, some of the men were still job hunting in their field (grad in 2008).

• Always makes me think of the Garbage song. Are the *** Cat Dolls music the whippersnappers are listening to these days?

Stick with it CDMay, writing the thesis mean you're almost done!

And no, no clue what I'd do when I grow up. I thought I knew, but not anymore! The massage therapist I see jokes that whenever I get bored programming I should go to massage school Stick out tongue.

1st year anniversary in Victoria with a killer whale topiary!
  • image jennlin:

image karebear219:
    I feel like I should own my own contracting business sometime. I am really good at organizing things, meeting budgets, customer service, and deadlines. I really like the challenge of going into a male dominated industry too.

i don't know the details of it, but a friend of mine did a construction management degree at UW. she said there were 4 girls in the graduating class, and all 4 of them had jobs lined up years before graduation....last i heard, some of the men were still job hunting in their field (grad in 2008).

Hmm... Maybe I should go back to school. I already have a BA in business. I bet I wouldn't have to take many courses to catch up. Smile

image image image
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • image jennlin:
    my h tells me that when i "grow up", i should become a professional-puppy-petter. it'd be the only job i truly enjoy. i need to find somebody who will pay me for this.
    oooh if you find one...LET ME KNOW i wanna sign up :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image amandasw:

The title of this post made me think of the PCD song Embarrassed

This.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I watched the PCD video... that's not what i want to be when i grow up :)
  • I feel like I should be a lot farther along in my career, money, kids, etc. in my life than I am. I'm not unhappy with my life by any means but I wouldl like some things to change and some things to move a bit faster.

So when I grow up I want to be a caterer and a proffessional couponer. Thanks Jenn for getting me on that kick! Lol!

• image jennlin:
    my h tells me that when i "grow up", i should become a professional-puppy-petter. it'd be the only job i truly enjoy. i need to find somebody who will pay me for this.

How do you feel about cats? I have two, and one of them feels the need to be in my lap or on my keyboard constantly... a professional petter may just keep her occupied! :)

And to those who said they should feel more grown up by now... my 58 y/o mom still says "when I grow up"

• image MrsKS2008:
    image jennlin:
    How do you feel about cats? I have two, and one of them feels the need to be in my lap or on my keyboard constantly... a professional petter may just keep her occupied! :)

And to those who said they should feel more grown up by now... my 58 y/o mom still says "when I grow up"

I don't ever plan to grow up.
  • image MrsKS2008:

i'm looking for 40 hours a week, or less.....don't need medical benefits but would like a 401k.. don't want to take a paycut......can you provide? :)