October 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Cascarones!!!

We just completed making 11 dozen.  (Munkii, you know what I am talking about).  We have saved egg shells for a whole year, I dyed them all on Sunday, filled them all with confetti on Monday, and finally finished sealing them up yesterday. 

Let the battle begin!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Cascarones!!!

• For some reason Isaac's family doesn't do this... I think the white member of the family will need to remember this and bring the tradition to life next year.  Remind me so I can save shells next year.  ~heehee~  ;o)

• I need more details on this tradition -- what do you do with these, how did you dye them such pretty bright colors, how do you save shells all year, and how do you get confetti in them?!  I need to know more!
    Planning & Married Bio... Pro Pics, Vendor Reviews, and Items For Sale!
  • That's awesome!  I have not seen this done since I was a kid :)  I'll have to revive the tradition with the fam next year - have fun!

• image kelliejo83:
    I need more details on this tradition --

what do you do with these, You break them over people's heads.  Its supposed to be good luck I believe.

how did you dye them such pretty bright colors, Lots of extra dye and vinegar. This is not actually a picture of mine but mine are pretty bright.

how do you save shells all year- We just poke a hole in the top of each egg to remove the yolk/whites before we cook them and then rinse the empty shells and put them back in the carton.  We store all of the empty shells in the garage.

how do you get confetti in them?!  We just spoon them in.  It's really easy, just time consuming. 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • We only made them once or twice when I was really little; so I don't remember much about them.  They are supposed to be good luck when cracked over the head.  What a PITA!  So pretty, though :)
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • Okay, I LOVE this! They're so pretty, and I sparkly-heart confetti!
  • Well I learned something new today....sounds like fun to me!