September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

PSA: North Face/Patagonia/Columbia Sale

on 6 pm.com.  Also Trail Shoes, Simple, Keen, and Prana.  I'm checking out the NF deals and most of the stuff left that I want is XS, but there are a ton of bulkier winter coats that I didn't check out.  The deals are really good!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: PSA: North Face/Patagonia/Columbia Sale

• ooo thanks for the heads up!
  • It's sort of hard to find on the site, I think it's easiest to just look up each retailer.  The e-mail I got says it's in honor of Earth Day, which is a little bit of a stretch but I'll take it!
  • Yay! thanks!  I need a water resistant coat for our Alaska trip!
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eq6ma9.jpg[/IMG]
  • image angiem33:
    Yay! thanks!  I need a water resistant coat for our Alaska trip!

I have a Patagonia Rainshadow that I wore in AK and it was AWESOME.  I highly, highly recommend it after hours and hours of research and reading reviews and trying different jackets.  I camped in Denali for 3 days in pouring rain and stayed totally dry.

And Thanks Laura!  I need new clothes for our vacations too! :-)

Vacation

Vacation
  • Sigh.  I also got an e-mail about J. Crew Factory that I thought said it was an extra 40% off, but it was just referring to the items there being 'up to 40% off'.  I already had 4 things in my cart when I realized.  And dammit, now I want them.
  • image LauraT25:
    Sigh.  I also got an e-mail about J. Crew Factory that I thought said it was an extra 40% off, but it was just referring to the items there being 'up to 40% off'.  I already had 4 things in my cart when I realized.  And dammit, now I want them.

JCrew factory sales are very, very dangerous.  Now I'm going to check out their website....thanks alot lol

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • City, the problem is that a lot of it still isn't a great deal, but it's 'on sale' so I'm like - "I have to get it!  It's on sale!".  Some of the deals ARE great, but $50 for a tank top is still ridiculous.  I talked myself out of buying a really cute short-sleeved cardigan when I realized that I don't really need anything like that, since my arms would be cold.
  • image LauraT25:
    City, the problem is that a lot of it still isn't a great deal, but it's 'on sale' so I'm like - "I have to get it!  It's on sale!".  Some of the deals ARE great, but $50 for a tank top is still ridiculous.  I talked myself out of buying a really cute short-sleeved cardigan when I realized that I don't really need anything like that, since my arms would be cold.

If it is the first cardigan that comes up on the page that they show in green, you should definitely get it! I have my eye on that one!

Thanks for the heads up on the 6pm sale - I bought the North face Torpedo jacket in white:

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eq6ma9.jpg[/IMG]
  • image LauraT25:
    City, the problem is that a lot of it still isn't a great deal, but it's 'on sale' so I'm like - "I have to get it!  It's on sale!".  Some of the deals ARE great, but $50 for a tank top is still ridiculous.  I talked myself out of buying a really cute short-sleeved cardigan when I realized that I don't really need anything like that, since my arms would be cold.

Yes, that's how they get you and that's why it's dangerous!  I have two dresses in my cart right now....question is should I go ahead and get both (together they are $99.00) or be good and just get one?

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • Angie - don't push me!!! It IS that one.  But seriously...it's always cold at work so I always have on a jacket or cardigan, which means if I wore this I'd have to have a cardigan OVER it! 

City - how good are the deals?  Two dresses for $99 is pretty good (unless they're sun dresses), but do you need two dresses?

Edit: show me the dresses, I like to look at things :)

• This is what i bought from 6pm:

because believe it or not, I don't have a waterproof winter coat, AND this one has a hood!  It will be good for rain/snow in the winter.

and

because I needed a new fleece.  My current fleece is a little too lightweight, and it bows out funny when zipped, giving me a gut.

• Colette dress

a jersey, throw-on-and-go dress for bumming around in on the weekends.  It also comes in a faded black color.

Merino Edrina dress

Versatile dress to wear with tights or leggings and boots or just on it's own for lounging around in. 

Both long-sleeved since the cold weather seems to be persistant around here.
    EDITS: The first one may not look like it has much shape but the description says it drapes well and I have curves so I think I could make it work. The second one is a sweater dress which may look a little short but I have short legs so things that look short on models are often not too short on me at all.
  • Hmm City.  I like them, but don't think $50 each for them is an amazing deal.  That's like the max I would spend on them, and only if I thought I'd wear them often.  So I would only get them if you would normally pay that full price for them - as in, I don't consider this a super-awesome-amazing-don't-pass-up deal, so I would probably resist the temptation to buy them unless I was currently actively searching for this article of clothing and feel like I need it.  That's just my two cents!
  • image LauraT25:
    Hmm City.  I like them, but don't think $50 each for them is an amazing deal.  That's like the max I would spend on them, and only if I thought I'd wear them often.  So I would only get them if you would normally pay that full price for them - as in, I don't consider this a super-awesome-amazing-don't-pass-up deal, so I would probably resist the temptation to buy them unless I was currently actively searching for this article of clothing and feel like I need it.  That's just my two cents!

I definitely feel like I would get more use out of the first one.  I can see myself throwing it on with boots and running errands or something.  However, the weather is gonna start getting warmer soon (hopefully - it's almost May for crying out loud!) so I don't know how much wear I would actually get until next Fall.  The grey one I can probably do without.

• Well it's something to think about...I'd probably just get the brown one.  But I am a horrible person to give advice about this sort of thing.