September 2010 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Well hello Thursday

I don't usually see you this early. Crazy turns of events at work have led to me working an extra shift today. How is everybody today?
Me: 26 DH: 32
TTC since 08/2010
Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
Dx PCOS 3/2012
SA 5/25/12--normal
June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI

Re: Well hello Thursday

• good morning!  i am a little tired today, but not too bad.  gerren called from his conference and said he was coming home today, a day early!  HAPPY DAY!  aside from about 3 hours together on Monday night when i got home from NM, we have not seen each other for almost a week and a half!  i fee like a lovestruck teenager :)

busy day at work today, which will hopefully make the day fly by.  and i am looking forward to my run today, although i forgot my "gym reading material" (aka people magazine) so i might have to run outside instead (in the cold, possible rain). 

• It's Thursday (my Friday) so yay! I'm still without a voice although today I'm able to sound like a full time smoker. Lovely. We're headed to the parentals tonight after I pick up the bridesmaid dresses that are supposed to be delivered today between 5-6. Way to wait to the last minute on this since the wedding is next weekend. Oy.

Anyone know anything about Wyoming? Jeremy wants me to apply for a job there and move. Not sure how I feel about moving 30 hours away from family but it IS a good paying job (if I got it).

I don't want to work today. I want to finish "Something Borrowed". Total chick flick book that is really good.

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • Morning! I am cranky because we do not get Good Friday off. Hoping for an early dismissal. I need to plant flowers and dye eggs.

Last night I went to Pathmark and Sam's and then home. Jesus Christmas food is so flipping expensive.

At home I unloaded, changed, ate dinner, ran the dishwasher, packed my gym bag and lunch, watched Body of Proof and Gossip Girl on DVR, then picked up a bit and vacuumed the main floor. We watched Modern Family and then I went up to bed and read until 11:20. zzzzzzzz.

This morning I got up and got ready, unloaded the dishwasher, put my plants that arrived yesterday in the shade and watered them and put a load of MFD's laundry in the washer.

I must paint my toes tonight and pick up the rest of the groceries I need  for the weekend and RWP after work. We're also going to Uno for dinner because a portion of our check goes to my Relay tonight.

• Dats - Hiss for an extra shift.

Shauni - Huzzzzzzzzah for Mr. G's early homecoming!

Emilyann - I know Wyoming is crazy insane windy like to where they frequently need to shut down highways. That sums up my knowledge of Wyoming.

• Morning Ladies!  It's finally sunny and almost warm enough for sandals!! Happy day! 

Yesterday DH got off of work early and he took me shopping - love that man! 

[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eq6ma9.jpg[/IMG]
  • emilyann--i am biased against WY--the 24 hours i spent there were miserable.  nothing to do.  redneck and racist. horrible politics.  expensive as all hell.  i hated it.  i think it might depend on where you are though.  we drove through a huge portion of the state up to jackson hole.  jackson hole was ok, your typical western mountain town.  but pricey.
  • Emily- Wyoming is about 15 years behind the times. You will have shisty cold blowing shutting down winters and hot summers. Depending on where you are moving it will either be really cheap or really expensive (Jackson Hole like Shauni mentioned). It is flat and boring and really nothing to do, they have like the 2nd highest suicide rate in the US I think? but the cheapest gas prices!! oh and they are the state that drives and owns the most pickups. Being from MT we hate people from Wyoming but that's another story :-)

Alright after my biased WY wrap up. Hampster is still lost, tried spreading lettuce around and nothing. My little brother is coming over tomorrow to hang out with E since she's out of school and I think Im going to bribe him with like 2 months worth of gas or something if he find it.

It's only thursday and Im beyond exhausted.

• Back at work after my lovely 2 and half day holiday. Thank you passover.

I'm kinda hoping Greg has to work tomorrow night so we don't have to drive down to the beach for our friends joint bachalor/ette party. Most of the people are staying over night. We both have to work Saturday day, and we don't have to worry about drinking and driving. I really just don't want to go and if he is working it is our excuse.

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic width=220>
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Morning and thank goodness it's one day closer to Friday.

Last night did 4 loads of laundry.  Richard helped so that was nice.  We made Zataran's Jambalay for dinner last night, but this one had brown rice.  I hate brown rice.  It took foreveerrrrr to cook.  Finally at 9:30 pm we decided to just eat it.  We then watched American Idol.  I know I swore off AI but I still feel the urge to watch it.  I guess you can say it's my crack.

Nothing major for today, just my training this evening.  It's raining today which sucks because I had to put on my Uggs and put my flip flops away.  I'm positive that today will be a good day.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • I am exhausted once again. I worked right up until my dance lesson w/ H at 7PM (east coast swing!). After that, we went to Chili's for dinner.

The county we live next to (and really spend all of our time in), has recently passed a law stating that all restaurants have to list the calories in each meal on their menu, next to each item. Chili's is AWFUL. Their most healthy meal is 550 calories (not including side) and the next most healthy is 860. They average around 1300. I still ate whatever I wanted ([email protected] IT I LEFT MY LEFTOVERS AT HOME!), but in the future, not going to Chili's anymore. The calories on menus thing is helpful for eating out while dieting.

In other news, H needs to use my car on Tuesday and I need a car on Tuesday and H's car is a manual and I don't REALLY know how to drive manual, so I guess I'm going to be learning over the next few days. Oddly enough, H would rather let me drive his car for a whole then let the dog ride in it for 15 minutes.

I have a ton to do at work today. Which I actually like, makes the day go faster. Happy Thursday ladies!

(An unmatched left parenthesis creates an unresolved tension that will stay with you all day.

The Princess of Anything is Coming!

Had a dream I was queen.
    Woke up. Still queen.
  • Shauni & Jessie - Thanks for the head's up. The only info I have about where the job would be is that it borders Yellowstone. I will definitely relay the info to Jeremy and go from there. I think the boy just likes to move...
    [url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • hello-

I'm so freaking tired.  not really sure why.  Today is my friday (THANK GOD!) and I'm off on monday too (Thanks to furlough and vacation I have to use).

My parents are coming up for easter on sunday.  MIL and SIL (remember the drama I had with calling child services on her?!?) are coming by on sunday.  SIL and I had it out when all the drama happened.  I told MIL that SIL can come on sunday (after I said she is no longer welcomed in our house to do the drama and the things she said) but not to leave me alone in a room with her.  They were going to just stop by on their way home after eating at a cousin's house.  NOW, they want to come before the cousin's which is going to be very inconvientent b/c it's right at the time that we're eating with my parents.  WTF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hello!

My dress that I ordered online for the gala was delivered yesterday.  I tried it on and it's GORGEOUS up top, fits and hangs well BUT...it's veryyyyy long on me.  It drags on the ground even if I wear my tall heels with it.  This is a problem I have with alot of long dresses because I'm short, but I would definately need to get it hemmed and I'm not sure if I'm willing to spend the extra money and effort to do it.  On the other hand, H told me I'm not allowed to wear the dress to the gala because he wouldn't be able to keep his hands off me in it =).  So....maybe it IS worth spending some extra cash?  What would you do?  It's one of those pieces where I would probably have it for the rest of my life it's so nice if only the length fit me.

H got home late last night again and by the time we were ready for dinner he just wanted to order Papa Ginos.  So I ate junk for dinner and then fell asleep on the couch and didn't even work out last night.  I suck.  At least I always do really well with breakfast and lunch so I don't feel like my entire day is spoiled if I splurge a little at dinner.

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary

Queen, California just got that (I think everywhere?) and it is soooo not as much fun to eat out now.  H refuses to go to Red Robin anymore, but I still like it every once in a while.  You just need to be aware of what you're eating.  Oh, and H?  Try not eating every single little bite of your burger and fries. 

City, I would definitely hem the dress!  Think of this this way - if this is usually what happens for you, then likely any long dress you buy for the gala will have to be hemmed, so if you like this one, just do eeet. 

I'm here, and glad it's almost the weekend.  I'm just so fatigued and over being sick to my stomach.  Somehow, I seem to feel better on weekends, of course!  Since we did Easter with my family last weekend, we're free this one, and are planning to do a deep clean/organize of the house.  We're really trying to purge, since when we moved in together at the house we really just threw everything in the closets.  And with our yard sale the weekend after, it's good timing. 

• image mushE:

City, I would definitely hem the dress!  Think of this this way - if this is usually what happens for you, then likely any long dress you buy for the gala will have to be hemmed, so if you like this one, just do eeet. 

This is true; but I started to think last night that maybe I CAN get away with a shorter dress after all.  Blarg.  I can't do this.  I keep thinking I have all this time to decide when it's actually only like 2 weeks.  I may quickly stop by the mall ONE more time on my way home from work tonight and if I can't find anything that sticks out to me I'll just go ahead and hem it.

"Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • I'm off today and tomorrow because there's nothing at work for me to do.  I went and mailed in my passport renewal to change my name.  

Queen - Chili's has some of the worst dishes in the country.  They're always listed in the Eat This, Not That column.  I looked at the book once and they have the worst chicken dish (I think it's over 1700 calories), and worst appetizer. 

My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I'm so working for the weekend. Yesterday was BSC with boss being out and just people trying to wrap things up as most of our clients are off on Friday and it's a half day, woot woot!

Last night after getting home, I took Allie Earp on a short walk with her new doggy backpack to test. We went over to H's parents house and chatted for a bit, I had dinner there but H didn't want what his mom made so he had a microwave meal from the store, lol. Tonight - it's our second dog obedience lesson w/the trainer, cooking dinner and job search.

P.S. - I'm also tired but I think this second cup of coffee is finally kicking in Wink

Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • mushEmushE member
    Fourth Anniversary
    image citygirl17:
    image mushE:

This is true; but I started to think last night that maybe I CAN get away with a shorter dress after all.  Blarg.  I can't do this.  I keep thinking I have all this time to decide when it's actually only like 2 weeks.  I may quickly stop by the mall ONE more time on my way home from work tonight and if I can't find anything that sticks out to me I'll just go ahead and hem it.

Do they have photos of past years' galas online?  That'd give you an idea of what is appropriate.  If it really does recommend 'formal' attire, though, I think you're stuck with long. 

• City if you love the dress and it looks fabulous on you, why is hemming it even a question? Do it.

QoA - a pox on the calorie counts on menus. Oh well food sinning happens.

I need to get to the bank. I missed my lunch time gym today so we need to get the dogs out for a walk tonight.

• image stephaniem1977:

City if you love the dress and it looks fabulous on you, why is hemming it even a question? Do it.

hahaha the voice of reason.  I guess I'm just being silly.

• Hola chicas, long time no chat.

Loving being home so far.  Little man is doing so good and it's been great having DH home with us this week while we get settled into being a family.  Jax is sleeping well so far, just hoping he keeps it up!

City I agree w/ the other girls - if it's a dress you'll have forever, and if your DH thinks your smokin in it, it's so worth the money.

The calorie counts on menus crack me up...they instituted those in NYC a few years back and I heard on the evening news within the last few weeks that studies have been done showing that printing the caloric content has no impact on purchase choices.  So phooey on the gov't for trying to legislate healthy choices.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • Having calorie counts on menus definitely affects my choices, and I like being able to easily make an informed decision.  There are times when I know I'm eating something 'bad', but I don't realize just HOW bad - Ruby Tuesday's showed calories very briefly when I was in college, and the ribs were over 2000 calories (without sides) and some godawful amount of fat (100+ grams, I think).  So even though I was planning to get them, it grossed me out to imagine 100 grams of fat sitting in my stomach. 

My day is crappy.  I spent the morning finishing a last-minute presentation, then had class, then left my laptop and didn't realize it until I'd already walked across campus to my lab.  So I had to make the trip again.  Presentation was fine, but I'm tired and cranky and hungry and I forgot to pack a snack.  And now my boss wants to meet with me, and I'd rather shove bamboo shoots under my fingernails.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers