Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

WW Accountability: Week 6

I think.

I am too overstuffed from the M&Ms from my desk candy jar that I've been mindlessly munching for the past hour; and from the Thai leftovers that I sneak a bite of every 10 minutes. 

Obviously, I fell off the wagon. 

BUT I spent four days in LA eating out and did so quite sensibly. I enjoyed my In N Out fix with gusto, but stuck with a side salad/margarita for dinner. I porked out on pizza for lunch, but enjoyed a bowl of tomato bisque for dinner. We had oatmeal for breakfast, split a small date shake in Palm Springs, and munched dried pineapple for a movie snack.

I have no idea what my points are at this week, but plan on picking it up next week. I'm going back to my vegetarian pita lunches. I think I'm going to do a Mexican/taco salad theme with black beans, sour cream, cumin, lettuce, tomato, olives, cilantro and whatever other veggies I can think of that would be good. (Suggestions welcome. Jicama?)

In the spirit of full revelation, I have not exercised in two weeks. But that's another thing I'm picking back up on Monday!

Re: WW Accountability: Week 6

• I am really really trying this week!  Actually logging everything and going to the gym!  I also joined a challenge at the gym to lower my body fat percentage.  To help motivate myself, I hung a HUGE desk calendar on the wall and am putting stickers (yes, I know, very elementary school) on the days in which I have good days, exercise, eat "clean."

• image kfishie:

I am really really trying this week!  Actually logging everything and going to the gym!  I also joined a challenge at the gym to lower my body fat percentage.  To help motivate myself, I hung a HUGE desk calendar on the wall and am putting stickers (yes, I know, very elementary school) on the days in which I have good days, exercise, eat "clean."

YAAAY! Good for you!! 

Although I am a little bit worried about you, that you're not running as much. Everything OK?

• I'm kind of done with WW-Our CC # was hijacked and duplicated and so our account had to be shut down-my WW dues didn't get paid because of it so I just didn't renew. I'm so lazy about counting and I know what I should be eating and how many points those items are so I try to stick to that. Of course I go off track sometimes, but I would even if I was counting points.

I did hot yoga on Monday, ran 4 miles on Tuesday, ran 4 miles today, and between tomorrow and Saturday I have 7 miles to go to meet my 15 miles this week goal so I'm definitely getting my exercise in!

• My co-worker is eating the most fantastically smelling Mexican food my nose has ever encountered and it feels like T-O-R-T-U-R-E.

With only a little over a month left until Kauai, DH and I are full steam ahead on WW. DH is apparently the lowest his been since I've known him (!) and I'm 5lb away from my ideal once again.

We're keeping meals really simple and doing a better job of using up all the groceries we buy, though I'm kind of getting bored of it and will need to change it up a bit soon. I do really love the program, though, and am feeling optimistic that I can lose what I want to before our trip.

Women don't want to hear what men think,
    women want to hear what they think, in a deeper voice