Money Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Is Hannaford sort of like Wegmans?

If not, give me another grocery store along the lines of Hannaford...
image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Is Hannaford sort of like Wegmans?

• Roche Bros has great service and quality products. Hannafords is better than Shaw's or Stop n Shop but probably not as good as Wegman's.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I only know the Hannaford's in Brunswick Maine, slightly better than Shaw's but doesn't come close to Wegman's.
    Cheryl, Evan 4.25.05, Paige 7.2.07
  • image ccm1203:
    I only know the Hannaford's in Brunswick Maine, slightly better than Shaw's but doesn't come close to Wegman's.

We dont have Shaws or any of the other stores first poster mentioned... But i'm going to guess that you guys dont have any of our local grocery stores either... (The main ones that we have are Giant and Weis/Kings/Mr Z's but we do have a few Wegmans).

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • From the Hannafords I've been to in NC, Giant is similar. Wegmans is way better
  • Hannaford is like Shop Rite.
  • No, Hannaford is crappy and Wegmans is like heaven on earth. Nothing is like Wegmans. Hannaford is like a lame version of Kroger?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • lautilauti member
    Sixth Anniversary

image lindyanne:
    From the Hannafords I've been to in NC, Giant is similar. Wegmans is way better

This.  Hannafords is just another chain.  Wegmans is awesome.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have to chime in here...I live in an area with a ton of Wegmans stores.  I have two within a few miles of my house.

I think it's so funny how many people all over the place rave about Wegmans.  It's hard to take a step back and look at it objectively when I've grown up shopping there. It is the only grocery store where I shop, but I wish I could look at it with fresh eyes, if you know what I mean.  I'd like to see what other people see who haven't always had one around.

• In that they're both corporate monopolies that don't pay their employees living wages and overcharge for processed food? Yup.
    The way forward is clear