International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Vent: Gas Bill

I just got the gas bill for our new flat. ?630. Holy sh!t. It covers November until now but still, seriously?!

Awesome too that this comes the same month we paid ?325 for water (for the full year), all our taxes, my biggest student loan payment yet, etc. Ugh.

And somehow DH's parents think that we should be able to shell out for DH to go to Africa with his dad. 'It's all about priorities,' they say. Yeah, and my priority is eating. Grr

Re: Vent: Gas Bill

• This makes me thankful for our $100/month balanced billing gas bill. But not so thankful that I pay $440/quarter for water.... I suppose you win some, you lose some! ?630 is crazy high, though!
  • We had the same thing happen, they hadn't read our meter in a while and their estimate was way off. Can you call them and see if you can pay it off monthly?

• image sewatkins:

We had the same thing happen, they hadn't read our meter in a while and their estimate was way off. Can you call them and see if you can pay it off monthly?

Oh, I'm definitely calling them. DH doesn't get paid this month either (he transferred from contract to permanent) so it's just not good timing for us. Boo.

Thank you for sympathizing though! It seems silly but it really makes me feel better.

• Holy crap!  I couldn't imagine paying that much!  Then again, we pretty much set the temp as cold as we can stand and just throw on a space heater now and again.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Any chance that is a make-up bill (difference between estimate and actual)?

After paying our gas bill every two months for a whole year, I still got a make-up bill at the end of the year for 990 euros.

ETA: That make-up bill was in Italy.

imageimage
  • Ouch.  That sucks.  And it's huge.  Sorry.  Can you check to see if any payment came from before you moved in (such as they didn't get the estimate right?).  And perhaps it might be worth switching companies if you can, cause that seems really high.
  • It's not a make up bill, since it's the first one we've ever paid. But I will ask the hubby to confirm his meter reading (he's a techie so it's probably right, but just to be sure...). And I'll check my lease to see if I can transfer companies. The 'to do' list continues...