Fashion & Beauty
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How do you store your earrings?

Right now, I only have four pairs and they are in the bags that I purchased them in. Any creative DIY suggestions or a PIP of what you have bought?

Re: How do you store your earrings?

• I have a jewelry hanging bag, which I love.  I recently just got a new one (Vera Bradley looking knock-off) at TJ Maxx.  It has zippers for the compartments, which makes it great from travelling too.

Something like this:

• I have something like this: http://www.etsy.com/listing/64556239/earring-holder-beatnik-circle-small.

Different color/pattern, but same idea, and it works out great.

• These are both cool! The first one could be stored in my closet and the second one makes more of a display ---I have even more to think about! Thanks ladies!
  • I got a plastic craft storage container.  Not pretty but it has about 24 little square compartments that hold my earrings so I don't have to search for them. 
  • image hz80408:

I have a jewelry hanging bag, which I love.  I recently just got a new one (Vera Bradley looking knock-off) at TJ Maxx.  It has zippers for the compartments, which makes it great from travelling too.

Something like this:

I have something similar to this as well, from the container store.  I have one hanging bag for earrings/bracelet sized stuff, and one that holds necklaces with velcro.

• In something similar to this...

• I picked up an ornate picture frame from a yardsale.  I spray painted a bright color to go with my bedroom. I lined it with window screen.  (flatten the screen on the back side of the frame.  Use a staple gun to staple every 1/2 inch.  I then insert the earring into the screen and use the entire display as a piece of wall art.  As I change the look of the bedroom, the frame gets re-painted.   I have a fairly large frame but I own a lot of earrings.
  • Plastic storage thing I got at Target. It has various size compartments and fits great in my dresser drawer.
  • image Magdala9:
    I picked up an ornate picture frame from a yardsale.  I spray painted a bright color to go with my bedroom. I lined it with window screen.  (flatten the screen on the back side of the frame.  Use a staple gun to staple every 1/2 inch.  I then insert the earring into the screen and use the entire display as a piece of wall art.  As I change the look of the bedroom, the frame gets re-painted.   I have a fairly large frame but I own a lot of earrings.

I think I'm going to do something like this.  I have a bunch of earrings all jumbled in a jewelry box, and I don't even know what all I have in there.  I tend to wear the same 5 pairs over and over.  And I want to buy new earrings, but then I think I can't fit more in the jewelry box...it's a vicious cycle.

"If I'm goin' down, I'm goin' down loud." -John Evans Tweet me
  • "image Magdala9:
    I picked up an ornate picture frame from a yardsale.  I spray painted a bright color to go with my bedroom. I lined it with window screen.  (flatten the screen on the back side of the frame.  Use a staple gun to staple every 1/2 inch.  I then insert the earring into the screen and use the entire display as a piece of wall art.  As I change the look of the bedroom, the frame gets re-painted.   I have a fairly large frame but I own a lot of earrings."

I would LOVE to see a picture of this!

• Since I only have a few pairs of earrings I hook each pair to a button and store them in little box. 

I love the frame idea! I did something similar for necklaces - spray painted a frame and then screwed hooks in the top edge so my necklaces would hang nicely.