BNOTB
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need some fashion advice

This weekend I will be going to see Chris Cornell at the House of Blues and then afterwards we are going to a bar to party with some friends for a birthday. 

Typically for a concert I would wear my Converse All-Star shoes and some rocker-ish shirt.  But, because I am going to a more dressed up bar later I feel like that might be a little underdressed.  Everytime I go to this particular bar it seems most of the girls are wearing cute dresses.  I would like to do that, but it needs to be a good mix of rocked out yet slightly more dressy.   Anyone have a suggestion?

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2sboqqe.jpg[/IMG]

Lots of love to my BFPB's
Repen & BTSRC5. They are KTFU!

Re: Need some fashion advice

• I'd go with black shoes (either low-heel pumps or wedges), skinny jeans, and a long fitted black tank, maybe with sequins?

b34ad4a8
  • HoB is so trendy looking inside that you could pull off a nicer look than the normal rocker concert jeans and tee, I think.     

I was there this past Saturday and there were several ladies wearing high heels and dresses, so you won't look out of place at the show, I don't think.

BTW, I'm a bit jealous you are going to see CCornell!!!   I decided on G. Love instead a few months back when the schedule came out, but I absolutely LOVE Cornell, too!  What a hottie!     We looked into tickets last week just to see and CCornell is a sold out show.   Have fun!

image image
  • image gregslittlewifey:

I'd go with black shoes (either low-heel pumps or wedges), skinny jeans, and a long fitted black tank, maybe with sequins?

This is pretty much my go-to go-out outfit. 

Last weekend I found a gray sequin tank that I'm going to pair with olive rolled up skinny cargos and strappy studded heels- a variation of my usual look.

• image gregslittlewifey:

I'd go with black shoes (either low-heel pumps or wedges), skinny jeans, and a long fitted black tank, maybe with sequins?

That's a great idea.  I don't know why I wasn't considering the possibility of jeans. 

• So jealous you are going to CC. We tried getting tickets for when he plays his acoustic set at Berklee Performance Center in Boston and they sold out immediately. That would be a great venue too. Close and personal with great acoustics.
  • image erin0709:

HoB is so trendy looking inside that you could pull off a nicer look than the normal rocker concert jeans and tee, I think.     

I was there this past Saturday and there were several ladies wearing high heels and dresses, so you won't look out of place at the show, I don't think.

BTW, I'm a bit jealous you are going to see CCornell!!!   I decided on G. Love instead a few months back when the schedule came out, but I absolutely LOVE Cornell, too!  What a hottie!     We looked into tickets last week just to see and CCornell is a sold out show.   Have fun!

I have never been to HoB, so I was a little worried what the atmosphere would be like.  And since it's just CCornell he may play more sit down music and not the mosh pit kind.  LOL. 

I like the idea of a short strapless black satin dress with some cute semi high heels and some thick black bracelets. 

We are going to the SL town center for the party afterwards.  You are more than welcome to join us.  It will either be Baker St. or Loggia. 

• I wore a sundress and nice sandals when I went to HoB and that seemed to be the norm.