Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Crappy day already...vent ahead

1. Woke up this morning to a sick, coughing baby :(

2. I bought a dress for our black tie event this Saturday...it needed a few alterations so my mom was going to do them.  The dress was poorly made to begin with so the seams were unable to be let out...she tried anyway but now the dress is unwearable and I have 2 days to find a new dress that actually fits.  (I guess this one is my fault for buying a checp dress but it still sucks!)

3.  Got my paycheck this morning...was expecting to get paid for half a month, however, HR says that my daily rate is being docked for the 14 days I didn't work this month, which amounts to just about the same as what my monthly gross is...even though I'm working 9 days this month.  So basically I don't get paid for those 9 days and my check this month is nothing when you factor in benefits and other deductions.  Yeah...wasn't expecting that!

Ugh...I need a do over this morning!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crappy day already...vent ahead

• I am sorry you are having such a crappy day. I hope baby feels better and your day turns around!
    [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • image maryh01:

Oh that sucks!  That daily rate KILLS you!  At least you'll get some summer checks, right?  Those were normal for me.  I wish they'd spread out those days they dock your daily rate.  It also made me mad because they were paying a sub 1/5th of what they were docking me!
  • Boo.

But that sick, coughing baby is pretty darn adorable. Just had to throw that in there.

• I have an amazing dress you can borrow if you'd like. I'm not sure if it would fit. I think it's a ten. I wore it on a cruz and it has a very small train that has one bustle to put it up. It's black. I'm down in Gilroy, are you located nearby?
    ****missing my little angel since 11/28/12 (m/c 8.4 weeks)**** Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image mandy0505:
    I have an amazing dress you can borrow if you'd like. I'm not sure if it would fit. I think it's a ten. I wore it on a cruz and it has a very small train that has one bustle to put it up. It's black. I'm down in Gilroy, are you located nearby?

Geez....I think I need to go back to first grade! a CRUISE  not a CRUZ

****missing my little angel since 11/28/12 (m/c 8.4 weeks)**** Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • image Mrs.BoomBoom:
    image maryh01:

Oh that sucks!  That daily rate KILLS you!  At least you'll get some summer checks, right?  Those were normal for me.  I wish they'd spread out those days they dock your daily rate.  It also made me mad because they were paying a sub 1/5th of what they were docking me!

Yeah...I was totally expecting to have at least a half of a check this month...grr!  I do get a summer check, but unfortunately our July check is the first one for next school year.  So, if I'm not hired back before July (I'm pink slipped right now) that means no check in July.

• image smbsantacruz:

Boo.

But that sick, coughing baby is pretty darn adorable. Just had to throw that in there.

Aww...thanks...that made me smile. :-)  He is so pathetic with his cough...breaks my heart!

• image mandy0505:
    I have an amazing dress you can borrow if you'd like. I'm not sure if it would fit. I think it's a ten. I wore it on a cruz and it has a very small train that has one bustle to put it up. It's black. I'm down in Gilroy, are you located nearby?

You are so sweet...thank you!  I'm in Elk Grove so not super close, and I think I might have a bit more baby weight left before I'll fit in a 10. :-( DH told me to go see if I can find something for a reasonable price. I'll keep you guys posted. 

• Boo! That sounds awful. I'm sorry you're having a bad day and hopefully tomorrow is better.
  • God, I hate days like that where everything hits you like a ton of bricks. I'm really sorry about your pink slip stress and docked pay (so ridiculous). I've had some real headaches with EDD and gotten docked pay. It makes me so mad. I hope you can find a dress quickly. That's really frustrating! Hope your LG feels better!!
  • :( *hugs*

On the upside, your baby is freakin adorable!! I love those pics!

Women don't want to hear what men think,
    women want to hear what they think, in a deeper voice