Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

my husband is really cute..

so h and i have been toying with the idea of buying a gun for home protection....not that we need it but 1) we could be cool. (just kidding) 2) have it..just in case... we've been talking about it for the last 3 years or so...

we're getting to close to actually going out to purchase it but i told him i wanted us to both take a gun safety course before we have one in the house...all the classes we found in the immediate future are filled..except one. a hunting course.... this is what my h had to say about it:

yeah its everything about all guns plus hunting and survival. but the whole class is designed to get you your hunters license. unless we want to be hunters!

but we don't want to kill any animals. i got a good idea. we can get tranquilizer darts and knock the animals out so we can pet them. hehehe. wouldnt that be funny!

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.

Re: my husband is really cute..

• Not flaming, just asking: why do you think that a gun in your home will protect you? And if it's in a safe will you have time to get to it, unlock it, load it then protect yourself?

A gun is something that I've ever considered nor is it something that I will ever consider. I don't even want H to have a beebee gun. This is all so foreign to me so I'm just curious.

• image uwhuskygirl:

Not flaming, just asking: why do you think that a gun in your home will protect you? And if it's in a safe will you have time to get to it, unlock it, load it then protect yourself?

A gun is something that I've ever considered nor is it something that I will ever consider. I don't even want H to have a beebee gun. This is all so foreign to me so I'm just curious.

we don't anticipate ever needing to use it in that situation, but just in case we get an intruder in the house while we are home..they will likely have a gun or some sort of weapon as well. if one of us is in the bedroom, or able to get to the bedroom before the bad guys notice...we will be ready. we recently had a friend who was robbed at his home via gunpoint and this is what really triggered us to start looking again.

((remember the craigslist killers from last summer-ish? the one that killed the dad, tied up the mom, and pistol whipped the children? it was those guys...the day before, they robbed our friends. the next day, they killed a man))

we've been to gun ranges, and also shot off guns in the woods with friends...it's a stress reliever to shoot one even if you're not shooting at anything but a cereal box placed a hundered feet from you.

• image uwhuskygirl:

Not flaming, just asking: why do you think that a gun in your home will protect you? And if it's in a safe will you have time to get to it, unlock it, load it then protect yourself?

I'm sort of in this boat too.  

• image amandasw:

Amanda and Uwhusky: 

http://cache.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/images/two-one-boat-gear-1.jpg

• image uwhuskygirl:
    image amandasw:

Amanda and Uwhusky: 

http://cache.backpackinglight.com/backpackinglight/images/two-one-boat-gear-1.jpg

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

• image jennlin:
    image uwhuskygirl:
    image amandasw:

Amanda and Uwhusky: 

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOL wait, which one am I?

• image amandasw:
    image jennlin:
    image uwhuskygirl:
    image amandasw:

Amanda and Uwhusky: 

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I forgot to tell you. I'm actually a dude. Wink

• image uwhuskygirl:
    image amandasw:
    image jennlin:
    image uwhuskygirl:
    image amandasw:

Amanda and Uwhusky: 

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I forgot to tell you. I'm actually a dude. Wink

ohhh, it all makes sense now ;)

• the whole gun in the house thing used to freak me out... until the house was broken into, while we were all home & the jerks parked behind our vehicles knowing we were home.... luckiily the sound of my dads shotgun got them to bail before harming anyone.  id totally get one after taking a saftey course.  

p.s.   your H is adorable, tranq gun sounds good to me lol 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker