Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

vents/random musings/raves/etc...

Re: vents/random musings/raves/etc...

• Vent/rant... 

Every year my job has an art retreat to come up with new art concepts for the following selling year. Well this year the planning was done very poorly - it was decided last week that we would be going April 5th through the 7th. This just happens to be the same days my dad is in town. We were supposed to do dinner and now we can't. AND he was going to bring me my birthday present - now I have to wait longer for that too.

Luckily he is going to be back in town at the end of April... but still

• I'm always full of vents. :(  

I'm worse with the PMS-crankies this month as it started earlier than usual. So everything just ticks me off and gets me riled up pretty fast. Right now, work just drives me nuts. Then, these stupid elimination diets don't seem to have done anything for me other than show the one thing I knew, which is I feel a tad bit better with less dairy in my diet, but I don't need to eliminate it completely. Now I've been on gluten-free and don't notice anything. None of this has solved the problem I went to the doctor for in November anyway - bad pain in one finger joint! And it's ONLY on one side of the joint, which is just bizarre. And my hormone-level issue in that my sex drive is so non-existent that I can only find ANYONE attractive in an unattached, academic mode. :( AND...WTF is with me developing the acne form of rosacea in the last 6 months!??!?! So my cheeks are a horrid scatter of little red bumps and I feel hideous and want to hide all the time.

Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • image csartini:

Vent/rant... 

Every year my job has an art retreat to come up with new art concepts for the following selling year. Well this year the planning was done very poorly - it was decided last week that we would be going April 5th through the 7th. This just happens to be the same days my dad is in town. We were supposed to do dinner and now we can't. AND he was going to bring me my birthday present - now I have to wait longer for that too.

Luckily he is going to be back in town at the end of April... but still

That totally sucks. I assume there's no way for you to get out of it? Do you get to go somewhere cool at least? 

• image uwhuskygirl:
    That totally sucks. I assume there's no way for you to get out of it? Do you get to go somewhere cool at least? 

Nope, no getting out of it because it is also a "team building" opportunity. We are going to Ocean Shores - Which may be fun for some people, but it doesn't really do anything for me. Plus it is going to be all rainy and yucky there I'm sure.

...grumble...

• image KST_:

I'm always full of vents. :(  

I'm worse with the PMS-crankies this month as it started earlier than usual. So everything just ticks me off and gets me riled up pretty fast. Right now, work just drives me nuts. Then, these stupid elimination diets don't seem to have done anything for me other than show the one thing I knew, which is I feel a tad bit better with less dairy in my diet, but I don't need to eliminate it completely. Now I've been on gluten-free and don't notice anything. None of this has solved the problem I went to the doctor for in November anyway - bad pain in one finger joint! And it's ONLY on one side of the joint, which is just bizarre. And my hormone-level issue in that my sex drive is so non-existent that I can only find ANYONE attractive in an unattached, academic mode. :( AND...WTF is with me developing the acne form of rosacea in the last 6 months!??!?! So my cheeks are a horrid scatter of little red bumps and I feel hideous and want to hide all the time.

Uh, that all sounds terrible! Hopefully they will get everything figured out with your diet and whatnot soon!

• vents: completely overworked, underpaid. the division of work is unfair...i can't wait till i get out of here....

random musings: i went to walmart on my lunch break to get some fragrance-free-lotion for my tattoo. i went with a coworker...i planned on driving, but he insisted we walk. i didn't realize it was so close. we stopped at starbucks, browsed for lotion, looked at dvd's, paid, and stopped by mcdonalds, and made it back in under 30 mins. i guess i will miss that about my location.

raves: i will hopefully bew starting a new job soon! i submitted my counteroffer by declining the job..so i hope they accept it...even if they don't, the original offer is good-enough. the increase in pay will be very welcomed!

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • irritation: I told my coworker that I'd be her back up while she's on vaca. She told me that everything was set and I'd just have to make sure that nothing goes completely crazy. Things went completely crazy. I had to put my own job on hold to do her job. And now I have to work late because of it. Le boo.

irritation #2: my favorite eye shashadow stick and concealer are discontinued. Thanks for nothing MAC. 

rave: the oranges from my veggie box this week are delicious. this makes me really happy Big Smile

• Oh and confession:

I totally gave my friend the side eye when I saw this come up on my FB feed. I don't understand how she's mad when hardly anything grows in WA in the middle of winter. C'mon. Seriously?

I was wondering why you guys have added in organic fruits and vegetables from mexico? I signed up to support local agriculture and fresh food, and am now finding myself disappointed more often with the quality of food and ripeness when it has traveled so far and ends up in my box....
    21 hours ago ? LikeUnlike ? ? View Feedback (3)Hide Feedback (3)

• Full Circle Farm ?@H - Thank you for supporting Full Circle. As our WA growing season is limited, being that we're just now coming out of winter, we source from sustainable farms that are growing intentionally, both locally and regionally, as well as some international growers. As our season progresses you will see our offerings become more local, with over 90% or your box coming from our farms during our harvest season.

• image KST_:

( AND...WTF is with me developing the acne form of rosacea in the last 6 months!??!?! So my cheeks are a horrid scatter of little red bumps and I feel hideous and want to hide all the time.

I have this and it sucks!  The only thing I have found that helps is Mario Badescu Control Cream.  I get it at Ulta but you can always get it on their website and sometimes at Nordstrom (although it seems whenever I try this they are out of what I need).  I actually use these products for cleansing/moisturizing, but if you only get one then get the Control Cream:  Cucumber Cream Soap, Aloe Vera Toner, Hyaluronic Eye Cream, Collagen Moisturizer & Control Cream.  If you go here and answer some questions about your skin they will tell you what they think is best for you and send you a ton of free samples http://www.mariobadescu.com/questionnaire.aspx

I don't have any vents or anything today except I just have to say that homemade granola is the easiest thing in the world to make, tastes soooo good and has turned cardamom into my new favorite spice!  I have been craving it all the time since I made it on Sunday.

• vent

I hate my body right now. There are certain things that I don't have control over and can't do anything about it. Plus I can't take any meds to get rid of the migraine I have today or any of the pain that I have had lately. I know certain things are allowed in pregnancy but unfortunately the ones that are all make me sick when I take them. 

I'm frustrated with my unions benefits department. We have been waiting for them to send the Time/loss paperwork to us and evidently they have the wrong address or so they say. I don't see how this is  accurate as I get every other piece of mail that the union sends out so why wouldn't I get this as well.

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Vent - I really hate doctors appointments. My appointment was at 8:20, got called back at 8:50, didn't see the doctor until 9:20. Yet if I show up 10 min late I have to reschedule. Urgh!

I am also really tired of being nauseaus. I really want to be able to run again, but everytime I do I start dry heaving.

I can't think of any raves or random musings right now.

image image image
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Vents
    In the English language, apostrophe-s NEVER pluralizes.  Ever.  Not ever.  I can understand why people use it for CD's or 70's (though neither of those requires it, and the latter should be '70s), but "mom's" or "frame's" or whatever else is inexcusable.  (And it's getting inexplicably more common.  WTF people?)
    People who choose to drive without consideration for the safety of others suck.  Sure they might be having a bad day, or whatever, but that's not a decent excuse.

Musings
    I love the rain.  Tiny puddles of rain on the waxy leaves of spring flowers, and the wet grass sprinkled with powdery-pink plum and cherry petals -- these are some of my favorite things of early spring.
    I can't wait to be a parent.
    I love school, but i am so glad to be done with coursework so i can have a life (and regular sleep) again.

Raves
    I had a perfect breakfast this morning: i perfectly cooked an egg on fresh and delicious toasted rosemary bread spread with avocado, along with a sliced pear and cup of coffee with rice milk.  Soooo good, balanced and satisfying.
    Cold pressed coffee is the best.  Y'all should try it.
    We did the Pike Place Market scavenger hunt this weekend with some friends and it was super fun.  There'll be more in April, May and June.

And one more rant: It's Pike Place Market.  Not Pike's. 

EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • image CDMay2006:

Do you have something to share with the class? 

• image KST_:
    I'm always full of vents. :(  

I'm confused by a lot of this, but -- and i'm sure you've heard this -- have you had your thyroid function checked?
  • image uwhuskygirl:
    image CDMay2006:

Do you have something to share with the class? 

this

• Just that i'm impatient!
    Nothing in the foreseeable (is that spelled right?) future, but we're getting closer.

ETA: We're not "trying" we're just getting closer to the "baby procurement" period of our lives :) 

• image Ciaram22:
    vent
    I hate my body right now. There are certain things that I don't have control over and can't do anything about it. Plus I can't take any meds to get rid of the migraine I have today or any of the pain that I have had lately. I know certain things are allowed in pregnancy but unfortunately the ones that are all make me sick when I take them. 

I've tried reflexology with success to reduce headaches (but not for a current one); that might be an option.  I know others have had success for acute migraine relief during pregnancy from acupuncture.  Maybe that's an option.  You are so close!
  • image CDMay2006:

ETA: We're not "trying" we're just getting closer to the "baby procurement" period of our lives :) 

i remembered you had mentioned adopting once.....is this what you are referring to?

• Vent: I feel like H and I are stuck in a time rut that we are never going to get out of. We went house shopping a few months ago and we fell in love with a house. Not in our price range, we are both still part time since UPS has bidding wars over full time jobs and neither of us, when full time jobs were still being created a few years ago, had enough seniority to get one. And now work isn't creating any new full time jobs so we have to wait... and wait... and wait. And it's driving me CRAZY! I want at least one of us if not both to have full time so we can get a house of our own! Renting this house we're in isn't horrible, but it comes with strings attached, like his dad. And now H is starting to change his tune saying things like, 'well maybe we'll just stay here and remodel, take the load off my dad.' NO! I want my own frickin house where there is no past, I don't like the layout, plus his wayward brother would always get pushed to stay with us since we have the house. It would be a mess and I would be a stressed out hot mess. Plus, again with the fulltime issue, I don't even know if we could afford the full house payment, just staying here, without a roommate, unless one of us went fulltime. Ah, it's so frustrating. It's not like we're in a bad area. I like the area. I guess it's just all the things that come with the house. Maybe if we do actually put our names on it things will change, like his dad just popping in at the drop of a hat. What if we're running around nude? Think about that??? That bothers me. Okay. Rant over, lol! Oh and one more thing, it's screwing with our kidlet timeline!! Grrr!

• image jennlin:
    image CDMay2006:
    i remembered you had mentioned adopting once.....is this what you are referring to?
    Yes, and no.  We're definitely adopting, but still haven't decided we'll take that route for the first or second child.  Either route we choose, we'll be embarking on it in about 6mo.  We're leaning towards bio first, adoption second.
  • image CDMay2006:
    I'm confused by a lot of this, but -- and i'm sure you've heard this -- have you had your thyroid function checked?

Yes, I've had EVERYTHING checked, multiple times at different offices over the years. The joint pain I was afraid was my childhood arthritis coming back and, while thank goodness it's not, at least that I would understand how to tackle.  My rheumatologist thought the pain (after assessing it was not arthritis through physical exam, blood tests and xrays) and other weird symptoms I'm always dealing with might be due to a food sensitivity and sent me to the nutritionist. He's the one who suggested I might have beginning rosacea. I've had lightly pink spots on my cheeks for a few years now, but it just made me look fresh-faced. Of course, after he says that, about a month later, stupid little bumpies started showing up. :( The sex drive starting bombing after I was put on evil, evil Yaz to see if it would help with my always bad PMS. Yeah, that made me want to punch anyone who wanted to hug me, and I'm a SUPER  huggy person! Once I got off that, my libido never returned to normal and has been slowly going downhill until now it's in a trench. It makes me feel so bad for my newlywed husband, but I TRIED to warn him away from marrying me, saying who knew if it would ever get fixed and did he want to be doomed to a sexless marriage.

@Darby - thanks, I'll take a look at that! I've mostly just been using Neutrogena gentle facial toner as even any face wash seems to dry my skin out too much. I gave up even thinking of an Internet search because that just pulls up so much scam-crap and prescription nonsense!

• image KST_:
    image CDMay2006:

Yes, I've had EVERYTHING checked, multiple times at different offices over the years. The joint pain I was afraid was my childhood arthritis coming back and, while thank goodness it's not, at least that I would understand how to tackle.  My rheumatologist thought the pain (after assessing it was not arthritis through physical exam, blood tests and xrays) and other weird symptoms I'm always dealing with might be due to a food sensitivity and sent me to the nutritionist. He's the one who suggested I might have beginning rosacea. I've had lightly pink spots on my cheeks for a few years now, but it just made me look fresh-faced. Of course, after he says that, about a month later, stupid little bumpies started showing up. :( The sex drive starting bombing after I was put on evil, evil Yaz to see if it would help with my always bad PMS. Yeah, that made me want to punch anyone who wanted to hug me, and I'm a SUPER  huggy person! Once I got off that, my libido never returned to normal and has been slowly going downhill until now it's in a trench. It makes me feel so bad for my newlywed husband, but I TRIED to warn him away from marrying me, saying who knew if it would ever get fixed and did he want to be doomed to a sexless marriage.

I really hate to say this, but have you been tested for lupus? 

*hugz* 

• image jennlin:
     i will hopefully bew starting a new job soon! i submitted my counteroffer by declining the job..so i hope they accept it...even if they don't, the original offer is good-enough. the increase in pay will be very welcomed!

Look at the bright side, at least you have skills competent and desired enough to allow you to job hunt and get something new/better AND with more pay!

• image KST_:

Look at the bright side, at least you have skills competent and desired enough to allow you to job hunt and get something new/better AND with more pay!

thank you! yes! i *AM* desireable! however. they turned down my counteroffer. original offer still stands...which is still a pay increase, so that's good.

• image KST_:
    image CDMay2006:

@Darby - thanks, I'll take a look at that! I've mostly just been using Neutrogena gentle facial toner as even any face wash seems to dry my skin out too much. I gave up even thinking of an Internet search because that just pulls up so much scam-crap and prescription nonsense!

I don't know if it would help your condition, but it would be worth trying: http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/ (i like avocado or jojoba oil better than the evoo/castor combination suggested).

Also, i'm sure you WILL figure out what is going on and find treatment, it just may take a little time.