Boston Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

BR and nanny related

2»

Re: BR and nanny related

• imagecamedowncrushing:

imagejCamsquared:
    Wow camedown, I feel sorry for your husband and child(ren). And might as well throw your dog in there too while I'm at it.

he he he. What about my chickens?  Thanks.  I love love love your siggy photo!  

Oh gosh yes how could I forget?

I feel bad for your friends too. I guess that includes me. I feel bad for myself. Woe.

Thank you :-D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLadyExtravaganza:

Whoa. You have some serious issues.

Let's get this straight: you want disabilities, which the state will pay you for; to foster children, which the state will pay you for; foster disable children so you can have in-home assistance, which the state will pay you for... See a trend?

There is a lot more involved in dealing with a child's emotional issues than just talking. Especially older children. You don't earn their trust by sitting around and having conversations.

No one is attacking you for being disabled, just for making no sense about anything.

What you said to C is totally inappropriate.

A. I said *I* would pay for an aide to help me in the home if I needed it.

B. The money you get from the state for fostering children isn't even enough money to support them IF you're doing it right i.e. toys, classes, scouts/sports, clothes, nutritious food, medical and psych doctors. So, it's not about making money, it's about spending money and time to help less fortunate children.

C. Yes, I do want the state to pay disability because I deserve and need it. That is the only thing I want the state to pay me for.

Yes, I understand that you don't earn their trust by having convos. You earn their trust by being there day in and day out, always caring for them and letting them take the lead.

• imagePunkyBooster:
    imageSaveTheWorld2014:
    imagecamedowncrushing:
    imageSaveTheWorld2014:

Oh, I see what you meant 'my own children'

I meant versus nannying and PCAing other people.

You are a mess.  You make no sense at all.   So you can't nanny because you would actually have to function as a stand in parent, but you are willing to take on foster kids so you can lie around and deal with their emotional problems?  

I am just hoping that you make all this stuff up. 

You are a bad reader.

I AM nannying, I can only do it part time. Parenting = full time. Nannying part time = part time.

Literally sitting and standing are two very different things when it comes to the fibro. I know it sounds crazy but it's not and I really don't care about your opinion on this. And, YES, I can sit down and deal with emo problems, they don't require standing up. Nannying does.

Is this really so difficult to understand?!

No, being a foster parent is full time parenting. You are the one who doesn't make any sense.

Your one-liner to CameDown did nothing but make you look like a total b!tch. Seeing that Camedown is also a nanny, I think she knows a thing or 2 about what she's saying to you.

I'm the one that said parenting - full time. Are you really that slow, thinking you can repeat it and make it seem as if you're the brilliant mind that came up with it?

Parenting IS full time, that's a duh statement, however not ALL of parenting requires standing up, leaning over and walking.

This is such a simple concept, I can't believe I've had to explain it this many times.

• imageLadyExtravaganza:

Let's get this straight: you want disabilities, which the state will pay you for; to foster children, which the state will pay you for; foster disabled children so you can have in-home assistance, which the state will pay you for... See a trend?

Don't forget she also wants her husband to pay her if she divorces him. 

• imagePunkyBooster:
    imageLadyExtravaganza:

Let's get this straight: you want disabilities, which the state will pay you for; to foster children, which the state will pay you for; foster disabled children so you can have in-home assistance, which the state will pay you for... See a trend?

Nope, not true.

Just don't want me and any kidlets eating cat food. Not a fan.

• imageSaveTheWorld2014:
    imagePunkyBooster:
    imageLadyExtravaganza:

Nope, not true.

Just don't want me and any kidlets eating cat food. Not a fan.

Ugh, Punky, we just aren't smart enough to understand things like that.