Northern California Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Runners Check in

Its absolutely fabulous running weather!

1) How was last week? 

2) Whats your plan for this week?

3) What are your current struggles?

Re: Runners Check in

• 1) How was last week? 

Great! I ran 10 total during the week and 11 for my long run on Saturday. I was poured on, and ran my by myself, but I did it in exactly 2 hours which is great for me!

2) Whats your plan for this week?

A few small runs and running 13 with a group on saturday...it's a longer run than I'm scheduled for, but am going to attempt.

3) What are your current struggles?

Wondering how in the heck I'm going to do 26.2 again in a few months. I'm skeered.

Also, I've been having this pain under my right lower glute sine January. It doesn't hurt that much when I run, more so after...I can't find an effective way to stretch it and I've done everything under the sun. I did Yoga on saturday and while it hurt alot during, today is the first day I haven't felt it at all...I'm considering PT just in case.

Learning to start all over again... Blog
  • 1) Only got one run in. So not good.

2) This week.. I'm hoping to get 3 runs in and get some quality runs in before my half.

3) My current struggle is time management. I have so many house projects going on and they are all really physical. By the time I've spent 8 hours painting or sanding.. I don't want to go for a run. I'm looking forward to things slowing down in this area.

I have a half in 2 weeks. YIKES. 

• image tonic:

Its absolutely fabulous running weather!

1) How was last week? Only ran a few times but I did PR a 5k, and then shaved 5 seconds on it the next day!

2) Whats your plan for this week? A goal of 15miles-the most I've ever done. I'm not good at distance-I've been working on speed, and just try to run 5k...Today I ran 4 miles.

3) What are your current struggles? I've been getting sciatica and it sucks!

• Late to this one, as usual, since I have class, but I wanted to share!

1) How was last week? Eh-was in Boston on Spring Break, so both runs were COLD!  But did them right around my usual time.

2) Whats your plan for this week?  Ran 5 Monday.  Plan to do 5.5 on Thursday and Saturday.

3) What are your current struggles?  Foot problems (bunion) and hip pain-to the touch.  Running through the pain, though....might not be the smartest choice.  Also struggling with finding the motivation to train for another 1/2 marathon.  Wanted to do the San Diego RnR 1/2 in June, but I think with school ending/job searching, I'll have a pretty full plate.  And I don't want to wait til October for another race.....dilemmas! 

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/ibzb4z.jpg[/IMG]

We miss you, our sweet girl. RIP 10.3.12

BFP 10.14.12--EDD 6.24.12--M/C 10.17.12 (@ 4w3d)

BFP 12.12.12--EDD 8.20.13--MMC 1.21.13 (@ 8wks; no growth/hb as of 1.8.13) d&c 1.25.13