Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

so i'll just vent about my brothers gf now.

okay..so she's 19. he's 30. that's side eye #1. my brothers OOT, so i really don't see him much...and when they first started dating, he kept telling me she "wasn't giving up the milk till he buys the cow".......i admired her. i thought..."this 19yo is really is responsible and cares about her future....i'm okay with her". my brother repeatedly tells me that she's mature for her age because of this that and the other thing. all legitimate reasons. okay.

so.......after talking with her for a while yesterday, i learned 1) they are living together. 2) everybody knows this except me. 3) she has a dog that moved in with them. 4) ohmagod, her dad moved in with him too. 5) again. everybody knows this but me. 6) she moved in her turtles. 7) they're about to get another dog. 8) my brother, who could hardly afford plane tickets to come for my mothers birthday has bought her a DSLR, tiffany's jewelry, coach purses, a trip to disneyland, other stuff she doesn't need. 9) she does not act much older than 19...she could be a "mature" 19 yo, but she's definitely not in the mid 20 range that my brother has talked her up to be.

more more more more more.

/vent.

♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.

Re: so i'll just vent about my brothers gf now.

• ugh, I'd be annoyed too.  Mostly because of the money thing and stuff you've mentioned before.
  • Indifferent

huh. I don't even know what to say right now. 

• image uwhuskygirl:

Indifferent

say you like her pants.

• image jennlin:
    image uwhuskygirl:

Indifferent

say you like her pants.

Crying Never.

• bonus is that she's on the prettier side rather than not pretty. i guess she's got that goin' for her. way hotter than my brother should be able to attract...so there's got to be something wrong with her.

• image jennlin:
    bonus is that she's on the prettier side rather than not pretty. i guess she's got that goin' for her. way hotter than my brother should be able to attract...so there's got to be something wrong with her.

Now I ain't sayin' she a gold digger... 

Angel 

• image uwhuskygirl:

Angel 

she got herself a GOOD one. because she even got her DAD freeloading. actually, i have no idea if her dad is paying or not. he better be paying.

• image jennlin:
    she got herself a GOOD one. because she even got her DAD freeloading. actually, i have no idea if her dad is paying or not. he better be paying.

and i already cringe saying my brother is a *good* one...because. well. my brother is not the best guy.

• image jennlin:
    image uwhuskygirl:

Angel 

yeah having her dad move in too is a pretty amazing feat. perhaps she should teach classes? 

• OMG, this is what my brother will be like in 5 years. Indifferent No joke.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="D
  • That is crazy. And if this is just day one vent, I can't wait for the end of the trip vent!
  • 3 and 6 are good in my book -- i would be more skeptical of someone willing to give up their pets to move than someone who take responsibility for the animals they've committed to care for, but, the rest... yikes.
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • i'm sorry jennlin. your brother is acting like an idiot right now.. paying for a stupid 19yr old AND her dad? OMG! I'd be super irritated and probably wouldn't be able to bite my tongue!

why does everyone know except you?

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • What?!

Ugh. I'd seriously give my brother a tongue lashing. Who is he, her sugar daddy? And she's bringing what to the relationship... animals?

greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Ah, I totally get where you are coming from.  My lovely older brother (he's 33) has been married twice already and divorced.  His second wife was 18 when they started dating, he was 26, they got divorced 3 years ago.  He then dated a 20 year old about 2 years ago.  He does have a legal GF now but she is a total douchette. He's on house arrest right now because he got 3 dui's in less than 3 years. He did 3 months in Jail already.  I'd say his life choices have really made an impact in his life...dating immature women I believe was the start.  I hope your Brother doesn't end up like mine.  

Now, I get asked, "Omg You're his YOUNGER sister".  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • It's hard to see someone you love involved in something that seems so bad for them.  I hope he sees the light soon and gets himself out of that situation.
    T-man (07/27/05, 2:52pm, 10 lbs, 2 oz, 22") My Blog
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
    TTC #2 for a million years: SA normal, CD 23 bloodwork shows nothing amiss, ovulation detected. Next step: ? maybe CD3 bloodwork to check eggs? All out of pocket, so limited IF tests/treatments.
  • image ChubbyCheekiesMom:

Ah, I totally get where you are coming from.  My lovely older brother (he's 33) has been married twice already and divorced.  His second wife was 18 when they started dating, he was 26, they got divorced 3 years ago.  He then dated a 20 year old about 2 years ago.  He does have a legal GF now but she is a total douchette. He's on house arrest right now because he got 3 dui's in less than 3 years. He did 3 months in Jail already.  I'd say his life choices have really made an impact in his life...dating immature women I believe was the start.  I hope your Brother doesn't end up like mine.  

Now, I get asked, "Omg You're his YOUNGER sister".  

while my brother has never been married, he is similar to your brother when it comes to the law. my brother is not exactly a catch considering his background in domestic violence.

• image jennlin:

my brother is not exactly a catch considering his background in domestic violence.

Remind me again why you tried to pawn off your brother on me? Wink

• image jennlin:
    image uwhuskygirl:

Indifferent

say you like her pants.

What if she isn't wearing any?

Newlyweds since 2007