Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Help - Advice needed

Hello Ladies.....  

I probably should be over at the Bump, but I will just ask you all while I am here. My precious bebe just turned 1 and I am having a hell of time trying to brush his little teeth.  He won't open his mouth and just spits at me when I attempt to brush. Arrgh!!!   Any suggestions? 

Re: Help - Advice needed

• We bought DD elmo toothpaste and let her hold the toothpaste container while we brushed her teeth.  Sometimes we will also sing to her or tell her that she has monkeys in her mouth and make monkey noises. 

Now that she is closer to two we will count to ten several times since she is into counting lately. 

• We have DD "brush" our teeth as well as whatever toy is in the tub with her.  There was a period of time where she refused to open her mouth but eventually she got more responsive.  Maybe try a finger brush or washcloth?  Give it time and as long as your LO's teeth aren't looking funky it's ok to skip it now and then.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • baby teeth brushing advice would be a great thing to include in your post title.

i dont have or want kids, i have a large dog though-i can share how I brush his teeth if you'd like :)

Friday, December 28 2012. The day I had emergency appendix surgery in Mexico and quit smoking. Proof that everything has a good side!! DH and I are happily child-free!! No due date or toddler tickers here!! my read shelf:
    Alison's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
  • Try a different toothpaste too. If bebe is spitting it out maybe he/she doesn't lke the taste.
  • I went through the same problem with DD for a while.  We have gotten into a routine that works pretty good now.  Since she is still little I stand her up on the sink while standing next to her so she can look into the mirror.  Then I let her open the cabinet to get her toothbrush holder and toothpaste.  Once she is ready to go... I start brushing my teeth and she begins to mimmick my motions.  We periodically stop to spit, and check out our teeth ("say cheese").  Eventually she started becoming a little pro.  It takes time and practice.  Your LO will catch on.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers