Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

TMI????... I think so!

So all of my friends are pregnant... ok, not all of them but 13 of them!!! One had a baby this weekend (the same day I found out another one is pregnant... so 13 it is) and she posted pictures on FB today. I am looking through them and there is her beautiful daughter... awwww.... cute... sweet.... EWWWWWWWWWW in the middle of the pictures is a picture of her... hold your lunch in... PLACENTA! sitting on a sheet opened up so you can see inside with the caption "____'s previous accommodations"I honestly feel sick!  I want kids and I know all that is part of it but honestly I don't even want to see my own stuff let alone someone else's... without fair warning!!!!!!!1

Now the worst part is that the album is showing up on news feed and I cannot avoid this nasty picture! I may have to block her on my news feed for a while until it disappears! 

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: TMI????... I think so!

• I think you might have to block her permanently after that.
  • That's just nasty.
  • image jessicah628:
    I think you might have to block her permanently after that.

I'm a jerk and I'd report the photo too.

• She's one of my closest friends... I can't block/report her but it is so gross! I can't imagine why that would even cross her mind to show people! It did prompt a conversation with DH about how I don't want any filming or photos from my face down during labor or thereafter! He excitedly agreed!
    imageimage

• image jessica0602:

image jessicah628:

and come on, you are just mad I stole your thunder for when you were going to post it! ;-) 

imageimage

• image PhillyGal34:
    She's one of my closest friends... I can't block/report her but it is so gross! I can't imagine why that would even cross her mind to show people! It did prompt a conversation with DH about how I don't want any filming or photos from my face down during labor or thereafter! He excitedly agreed!

If she were one of my closest friends I'd totally call her out on it.  I'd comment on it and say something like, "Did you lose your mind when you lost your your placenta?!?!  No one needs to see that!"

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • If she is one of your close friends, can you tell her how gross that is for the fact that she posted on FB for the world to see?
  • I want to, I honestly just don't know how to go about it. At first I thought she accidentally uploaded it but now she put a caption on it so it wasn't an accident.  She isn't the kind of friend I could be sarcastic with, she'd be really hurt if I said something like that (although I love the "lost your mind" quip) so I have to figure out how to say something without hurting her, especially since she's probably still emotional right now.  She lives across the country so I can't just stop over and talk to her in person either. 
    imageimage

• Eh I think there are worst things posted on Facebook.
  • image PhillyGal34:
    image jessica0602:

image jessicah628:

and come on, you are just mad I stole your thunder for when you were going to post it! ;-) 

You see right through me, ha!  But in all seriousness, that is nasty and reporting is anonymous.

• image PhillyGal34:
    I want to, I honestly just don't know how to go about it. At first I thought she accidentally uploaded it but now she put a caption on it so it wasn't an accident.  She isn't the kind of friend I could be sarcastic with, she'd be really hurt if I said something like that (although I love the "lost your mind" quip) so I have to figure out how to say something without hurting her, especially since she's probably still emotional right now.  She lives across the country so I can't just stop over and talk to her in person either. 

I don't think the picture requires a sit down talk.  If she doesn't have a sense of humor and you can't bust on her about the picture, I'd just ignore it....and talk about her behind her back :)

• image Shannon1110:

image PhillyGal34:
    She's one of my closest friends... I can't block/report her but it is so gross! I can't imagine why that would even cross her mind to show people! It did prompt a conversation with DH about how I don't want any filming or photos from my face down during labor or thereafter! He excitedly agreed!

If she were one of my closest friends I'd totally call her out on it.  I'd comment on it and say something like, "Did you lose your mind when you lost your your placenta?!?!  No one needs to see that!"

LOL! I would post exactly that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Olivia's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image Shannon1110:

image PhillyGal34:

Exactly this. I'd so leave a comment for everyone to see.

Also, since I'm evil, I think it is kind of funny in a getting everyone's panties in a bunch sort of way. Obviously it has worked so I sort of love it. Would I be all dramatic and hide/delete/report her over it? No. 

Disclaimer: I would never post such a picture but I think it's funny in an evil sort of way. 

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt116b04.aspx[/img][/url]
  • I just said "wow... wasn't prepared for that!" and someone just posted something like "that's something I could have missed looking at!" ... then some weirdo posted that she had her husband take the same picture and she thinks it is so cool!
    imageimage

• Now that people are responding seriously, this is your chance to run with it and discuss different cultures and how in many cultures they cook and eat the placenta.
    [url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt116b04.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image HeatherWain:
    Now that people are responding seriously, this is your chance to run with it and discuss different cultures and how in many cultures they cook and eat the placenta.

Ugh, I saw a show about this and they showed the couple frying it up.  Barf.  

• Screen shot that sh*t and send it in to STFU, Parents.

My little nuggets

• That's gross. I have had 3 kids and there is not one single picture of my vag or placenta. I just really don't need to see that or remember it.
  • I would send it ... if it wasn't a friend.  People posted a few things about how it was gross and she said that we are lucky she didn't post the others! Oh well... I am just preemptively warning all my other pregnant friends not to post them or to give fair warning!
    imageimage