Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Best Friend vs. Mom

2»

Re: Best Friend vs. Mom

• Then I apologize. I did not mean to be flippant about my attitude, it was not my intentions. I just meant that it started at 2, we were going to the church at 1:15 and it was 5 minutes away from where we were. My friend was supposed to be at the house at 12:00, came at 12:45 It wasn't like we were taking anything away.

Well I'm just done with the whole thing. My friend let me know how she feels and my mom is going on with her life. C'est la vie!

• "I guess I'm bitter at the both of them because after everything my mom has done for her for over 15 years and my friend just calls it quits over one incident. "

You're angry with your friend.  You said so in the original post.  I guess I'm the moron who can read.

• and yet I posted that my friend and I talked about it and I said ok to her decision. I never said angry. Angry and bitter mean different things.
  • I want to clarify something...

Was this friend late to your house to get ready or late to the church and missed 45 min of the wedding??  That makes a huge difference.  

Favorite Flower

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/24g24xe.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Wine Enthusiast:

I want to clarify something...

Was this friend late to your house to get ready or late to the church and missed 45 min of the wedding??  That makes a huge difference.  

Nevermind, I just read that she arrived at your house at 12:45 which was means she was still there in plenty of time before you guys left for the wedding.  

You mom is a complete a$$ and your friend has every right to not want to see her again.   Who freaking cares if she was at your house 45 min late?!  Your mom needs to get over herself.

Favorite Flower

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/24g24xe.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Wine Enthusiast:
    image Wine Enthusiast:

I want to clarify something...

Nevermind, I just read that she arrived at your house at 12:45 which was means she was still there in plenty of time before you guys left for the wedding.  

You mom is a complete a$$ and your friend has every right to not want to see her again.   Who freaking cares if she was at your house 45 min late?!  Your mom needs to get over herself.

This. Your friend didn't actually hold anything up. She just wasn't there when requested.

• image simplyinpenguin:

I find it extremely hilarious how at one minute you all can bash the bride for freaking out if they/groom are late because "the ceremony's not going to start without you"
     and then turn around a bash a bride who didn't care about the time (we still had a good 40 minutes to get to a church 5 minutes away). lol.

And how is this affect the guests? Not at all since we had the time.

"Nothing can start w/o me so it doesn't matter".... NICE! 

Hmm where did I say nothing? I could've sworn I said wedding. And I don't have that personality either. I'm always 10 minutes early for everything else. What would have been the point of getting pissed if it wasn't going to solve anything and nothing could be done? We tried getting a hold of her, we debated leaving without her.

Oh, good grief.  I said "nothing" in reference to the wedding.  I wasn't making a grander statement than that.

And you, as you realize, I think, didnt' explain that you actually weren't late for the wedding.  But that's how you made it sound, and that's what I was responding to.  It sounded like you didnt' care if you made all your guests wait for you because you were the bride and it was your special day and "nothing" (meaning the wedding) can start w/o you.

Knowing that you were still at the church w/ plenty of time to spare makes your mom look even worse in this scenario. 

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10